Waders for birds

Mubs

FNG
I know this isn’t game birds in the traditional sense but I actually have a few duck hunts in Missouri (December) and South Carolina (late November) and am looking for waders. Other than Sitka deltas which are amazing but I’d rather avoid spending $1k on waders, what are the best uninsulated waders folks have had luck with?

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought Simms Freestone Z Bootfoot Waders for $550. I would stack them against the Sitkas but almost half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twall13

WKR
Not trying to sway you as I've never used them but the Sitka Waders are 30% off at Eurooptic right now as they try to clear out Sitka inventory. Still a pricey wader, but more inline with some of the other premium waders out there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Halky010

FNG
I use the Dan Bailey waders and they are going on 5 years. But then again, I am not that hard on waders. They were $299 when I bought them.

Waders are one piece of equipment where price generally indicates quality. I suggest you bite the bullet and buy quality waders. You can save a bit by buying during a sale but do your research in advance so you know your sizing and the brand(s) you want.

Not everyone "needs" Simms guide waders but rarely have I met a person with those waders who has been disappointed in buying a pair.