WA Trail Cam Goats

I think your trail cam is better quality than my camera:) Great pics! It looks like Billies have shorter fatter horns than nannies?

I'll make it my mission today to learn more about them; I honestly don't know what to look for when deciding between the two.

I'm happy with two Simmons whitetail cameras I have. Small and lightweight, for packing up into the hills and cheap! I think they were around $50 each. The good lighting on the open hillside really made some bold colors in the pictures.

Last edited:
The links Muleman posted on the judging billies thread has good info. After seeing your pics and comparing them to mine I think I can start to see the difference.

How is the trigger time on those Simmons? Will it catch an animal going across the trail or does it have to lined up with the trail. It looks like those goats are loafing/feeding in front of it and you got some good footage.

I have a wildgame cam and it sucks. It will not catch an animal crossing a trail, it barley catches one that stands in front of it. Half the pics are always whiteout at that. Those Simmons sound like a good deal and they take good pics.

Trigger speed seems good, I caught this little guy passing through. I normally set my cameras to take a three shot series with a minute delay.

I prefer the night pictures with a flash. The small Simmons doesn't have a flash, but it also doesn't use a ton of D or C cell batteries. It takes ok night pics when the animal us up close. I won a stealth camera from Muley Crazy, that takes some great night time pictures.

Back