Vpa or simmons sharks?

Okay from a previous post and a lot of you guys advise I am going to heavier broadheads setup. I'd am going to keep using gold tip traditional series arrows at 55/75 spline. Going to bump up my broadheads weight from a 125 grain to a 200 or 205. I am looking at the VPA or Simmons Sharks broadheads. Remembering I need a screw in broad head which one of these do you guys prefer?

marc

Lil-Rokslider
Those are the 2 heads that I shoot. I have the 200 grain VPA and Simmons Interceptors that are 205 grains with adapters. I really like them both but I am leary about using the wide simmons on big stuff like elk so I shoot VPA for my western hunts and the Simmons if I head back east for whitetails.

G Posik

WKR
Both great broad heads. I shoot the VPA and some of the Simmons. My main broad head is the silver flame from German Kenetic. Not the knock offs, they are expensive but are super tough and extremely sharp out of the box.

Glenn

OP
G
I've got some VPAS on order. I was also thinking of ordering some of the 205 grain Simmons. But with everyone response it sounds like you can't go wrong with the VPA

SDHNTR

WKR
If you really want some experienced feedback, post this question on tradgang.com.

Of the two you mentioned I think VPA has a great following. I'm going to up my point weights well and I'm going with VPA or the Grizzly Yukons. I'm leaning word the two blade Grizzly though. This past season my cousin took a frontal shot slightly quartering on a bull it completely passed through exiting near the back hip. Twelve yards 56 lb recurve. He uses the Yukons with nearly 400 grains up front, around 700 total.

aggieland

WKR
I am using the Helix broadhead from Strickland archery. I'm going to tell ya man they are some pretty bad azz heads. Worth a try for sure. Also Centaur archery makes a nice head as well.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any forst hand experience with the simmons, but you can't go wrong with the VPA heads. They give a whooping and can take one back.

ElkNut1

WKR
Between the two mentioned VPA hands down, you'll find them much easier to re-sharpen to a razors edge!

ElkNut1

OP
G
Thanks everyone for all the imput. I really appreciate it as a newbie to traditional end of things. I think I will follow advise and go with the 200 grain VPA

spdrman

WKR
Shooting 175 VPA heads, super strong and easy to get an edge back on them killed a elk and antelope with them this year

bowinhand

WKR
Just picked up a pack of 3 blade 200gr they are way easier to sharpen than other heads I've had just a few minutes on a bastard mill file and they shave hair. Also the they have a lot of cutting surface 2 1/4 “x three blades.

I like the zwickey delta. I glue the 125 grain onto my wooden shafts and they have worked great for me. I think a razor sharp edge from a file and shot placement is more important than a really heavy head. I have also shot the 170 grain screw in on aluminum legacy shafts as well. Not quite as heavy as you were looking for, but may be worth a look. I would continue trying different set ups until you find the one that you feel most comfortable shooting with. If you don't feel comfortable shooting, you are never going to hit your target and the type of broadhead wont matter. Good luck!