Vortex Razor UHD 8X32 and 10X32 Mid Size Binoculars

Uplandmt

WKR
I find the choosing the CL to compare as quite strange given the huge difference in size, weight and fov. Sure they cost the same but the UHD is meant to compete with the Pures at half the price. Would be more valuable to me to see how close they’ve come to that.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I find the choosing the CL to compare as quite strange given the huge difference in size, weight and fov. Sure they cost the same but the UHD is meant to compete with the Pures at half the price. Would be more valuable to me to see how close they’ve come to that.

I’m sorry you didn’t find the comparison useful.

I thought it was a good comparison in magnification, objective size, and price.

Comparable price is the most important factor for many (most?) hunters considering a binocular purchase. I can’t even tell you how many times someone asked me “What binocular should I get for X dollars?”

I hope you can extrapolate something from the review anyways. I appreciate you reading the review.

Beendare

WKR
Matt,
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Another excellent optics review.

I have not seen the 8x or 10x UHD’s……but I have compared the Vortex 18x UHD’s side by side with my Meopta 15’s and Swaro 15x, the difference was enough to have me sell off the Excellent Meoptas.

The color render and flaring in the Meopta is arguably a tad better ( I may be using the wrong terminology) but the resolution plus the extra magnification is a game changer with the Vortex 18x UHD. Excellent glass- nothing like their Chinese lens in their other lines- and a solid build quality.

Then add, I picked up the UHD as a new returned pair at almost 1/2 off which put me a few bucks ahead after selling the Meoptas.

I was skeptical at first on these UHD’s as Vortex, though a very good company has always had less the the best lenses in their products.

All I can say is they changed that with the UHD line. Comparable to my Swaro NL’s? Nope, but very good glass.

Last edited: