Vortex Razor HD LHT Scope feedback

HuntNTag

WKR
Anyone have of had one of the newer LHT scopes?

I’m looking to add a scope to a lighter weight rifle for backpacking in the mountains.

One of the scopes I’m considering would be this razor scope. Debating on the 42 or 50mm objective. Thinking I’d likely go bigger for just an extra ounce but better light gathering. My likes are the weight, I’ve used other scopes from them that have been good and I like the custom strip aspect from Kenton

I’m curious to the feedback and thoughts on this scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kickemall

WKR
There was one tested in the scope evaluation done by this site. Go to that thread and take a look. Not impressive.

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the 42mm for 2 years now, 6 deer and a couple hundred rounds later I have zero complaints. But the warranty makes that very easy. Basically buy once and it will always be replaced/upgrades for free. I have a few Leupolds and one NF. And have no complaints with the LHT

I've been hunting and shooting with the Vortex Razor LHT, Leupold VX-3, and a Nightforce SHV on different rifles for the last several years. The Razor LHT is my favorite of the scopes I have spent much time behind.

favorite reticle, good blend of weight/optics. However when I want the lightest, low profile setup, I am usually grabbing the leupold

rootacres

WKR
People love grabbing optics 2x the price of the LHT, do comparisons and start throwing stones. Just an observation I've noticed on this forum. My LHT (42) performed flawlessly on the 2 hunts I took it on. Shot distances 325yds and 425yds respectively. My practice range goes out to 600 yds so I would regularly dial out to 600 and back without problems. Vortex's warranty is excellent. For the price, the LHT is feature rich and light weight.

Fast forward to now, I own some cheaper 1" tube vortex scopes for my eastern whitetail guns. The rifle I have been taking out west got a Mark 5 HD this winter and my brother now owns the LHT. I had a slip and fall while coues hunting last season, the LHT held zero. One of my Crossfires IIs took a dive out of a tree stand 20' up and held zero. The only warrant I used with Vortex so far was a bubble level that broke. Ive had good luck thus far.

maxracx

FNG
I own both a LHT in 42mm and 2 of the 50 mm. I have had 0 complaints or issues. I love the G4 reticle. The elk pictured was taken at 490 yards with my 3-15x50. I had practiced out to 600 all summer so when the shot presented itself I had confidence in the gun and optic. I have my 42 mounted on a 6.5 creed, one 50 is on a 300WSM and one 50 mm on a new 6.8 Western. I have not had a chance to shoot the Western yet, hopefully I can get to the range yet this month.