Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB Review/Discussion thread

Shooter Mike

Lil-Rokslider
I've had this for a few weeks and just got around to setting it up. Just about ready to test its durability. Here's my COMPLAINT:
The app is easy enough to use. I setup three profiles and can switch between them. When sync'd and connected to my phone it will range and give me a solution. When I capture wind or do anything with the wind bearing capture button, and then attempt to measure to target for a solution, it measures fine, but does not provide a solution. Where the "U" would be for the come-up, there's a capital "D". Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this thing should not be this difficult, and I can't find anything in the manual that tells me what I'm doing wrong. Real close to seeing how durable it is

HBHunter

FNG
I've had this for a few weeks and just got around to setting it up. Just about ready to test its durability. Here's my COMPLAINT:
The app is easy enough to use. I setup three profiles and can switch between them. When sync'd and connected to my phone it will range and give me a solution. When I capture wind or do anything with the wind bearing capture button, and then attempt to measure to target for a solution, it measures fine, but does not provide a solution. Where the "U" would be for the come-up, there's a capital "D". Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this thing should not be this difficult, and I can't find anything in the manual that tells me what I'm doing wrong. Real close to seeing how durable it is
I'm pretty sure the D means to dial down the elevation.

HBHunter

FNG
Using my Proof 7mm Rem Mag and I've been shooting with my Strelok app on Android successfully for years. After all the good reviews I picked up a Voertex Razor HD 4000 GB. I have been comparing the 4000GB solutions against the Strelok solution. The difference is approximately 15% at any distance. Not a big deal at 400 yards but that's enough miss an elk at 700 or 800. While looking for answers I found Strelok uses G1 BC and Geoballistics uses G7 BC. G7 is actually better for long range bullets so I'm good with that. Here are the real problems that Vortex customer service, although great, can't seem to fix.

1. The temperature, pressure and humidity passed to the GB app are ALWAYS wrong. It can be 60 F, 29.8 inHg and 22% humidity (I'm in Utah). The 4000GB will tell the GB app it's 75 F, 25 inHg, and 28% humidity.

2. The GB app on Android tends to synch up with the 4000GB whenever it feels like it. It's a completely unreliable connection.

I'm fine without the GB app but if the 4000GB is sending bad weather data, this rangefinder is not useful as a ballistic solver. Any ideas? I'm ready to give up.

Shooter Mike

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure on that one. I hunt at an airport and the GB4000 matches what the weather station is reporting, and the app pulls in the same data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk