Vortex Razer HD vs Zeiss Conquest HD vs Maven B1.2

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Edited: added maven
If you could get either of these 10x42 binos for the same price…. Which would you choose.
Vortex Razer HD 10x42
vs
Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
Vs
Maven B1.2 10x42

Last edited:

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
Zeiss. When comparing them last year the razors had a grey tint to the image which made the very bright image of the conquests seem even brighter. To me, the conquests had a bigger sweet spot and seemed to have a bigger field of view as well.

The only thing better on the razors to me was they were lightweight, and the eyecups were less finicky.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I would choose the Conquest over the Razor HD at the same price point (both are outstanding). The Razor UHD is a little more expensive, but you might like it better than the Conquest. The Vortex warranty is better than Zeiss.

I spent some time last week comparing the UHD'S to the Conquest HD's. Both are great. The UHD's have better prisms, which make them bulkier.

Check pricing on refurbished Razors at AA Optics. Save a few hundred bucks and the binoculars look brand new with a lifetime warranty. I have also seen some great pricing on the Conquest HD's recently.

Last edited:
OP
L

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
What about the conquests compared to the Maven B1.2???

MT_Wyatt

WKR
What about the conquests compared to the Maven B1.2???
I haven’t compared my set to the zeiss or vortex you ask about, but I would expect them to be quite good. Above $1k things aren’t as smack you in the face obvious. Since maven is direct to consumer, according to them, you are getting a much higher quality optic for the $. I’ve found that to very much be the case.

I would consider the build quality along with FOV, and color rendition to help you decide. What’s better has some technical black and white answers as well as some gray amasses related to how they work for you personally.

When I bought b1.2’s I was comparing them to swaro to see if the difference was worth paying for, to me….

Edited: added maven
If you could get either of these 10x42 binos for the same price…. Which would you choose.
Vortex Razer HD 10x42
vs
Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
Vs
Maven B1.2 10x42
Owned all of them but the Maven and I've looked through the Maven.

Conquest HD was the clear winner for my eyes. YMMV. Everyone's eyes are different.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Conquest HD's are an incredible value. With minimal effort, they can be bought in new or like new condition for around $800.

Last edited:

ZackP

WKR
I would personally take the B1.2. I preferred even the C1 to the Razor HD minus the field of view. As stated above, everyone’s eyes are different.

OP
L

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
At this point I am trying to decide between the Zeiss conquest 10x42, Maven B1.2 10x42 and Maven B6 10x50

ZackP

WKR
At this point I am trying to decide between the Zeiss conquest 10x42, Maven B1.2 10x42 and Maven B6 10x50

I like all the above (have never tried the 10x50) but the 12x50 B6 is superb and I preferred it to the 10x42 b1.2. Just to make your decision harder!

I tried Maven B1.2s, Leica Trinovids, Vortex Razor HDs and Zeiss Conquests side by side at different times and decided on the Mavens. Leica's were a close second and Vortex were the least impressive due to clarity IMO. The only thing that has been annoying with the Mavens is that the eyecups tend to twist in when in my bino harness but it was an easy fix with a small piece of tape to increase the friction on them.

I cannot speak to low light performance unfortunately as most of the comparisons were done midday. The Mavens were a huge upgrade in light gathering from my old Vortex diamondbacks (as they should be).

ONE_3

FNG
I had the maven B1.2 10x42 and the Maven B.6 10x50 and the zeiss conquest HD 10x42 all in my hands at the same time. Wanted and hoped the maven would be what I kept but I sent them back and kept the zeiss.
The B.6 was better than the B1.2. Eye relief and exit pupil size seemed to work better for me. I hated the eye cups on both the pairs of maven binos. Couldn’t make myself keep them for that one piece alone. The zeiss also had a slightly better edge to edge color and clarity.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
I had the maven B1.2 10x42 and the Maven B.6 10x50 and the zeiss conquest HD 10x42 all in my hands at the same time. Wanted and hoped the maven would be what I kept but I sent them back and kept the zeiss.
The B.6 was better than the B1.2. Eye relief and exit pupil size seemed to work better for me. I hated the eye cups on both the pairs of maven binos. Couldn’t make myself keep them for that one piece alone. The zeiss also had a slightly better edge to edge color and clarity.
@ONE_3 , what’s the deal with the Maven eye cups? Describe the eye cup attributes that you didn’t like. I’m just about to order a B6, …. I think. Haven’t seen/held a pair yet. Thanks.