Vortex Gen1 Razor 85mm Spotting Scopes now a regular $800 product

Got this directly from Vortex. They are producing the Gen1 85mm spotting scope on a semi regular basis for "large chains." From what I can see this means Cabela's/Bass and Sportsman's Warehouse.
Same build and same specs.
Burris fixed eyepieces fit.

Only change is box went from green to black and the price is NOW $800.

I had one and thought it was good glass for the price I paid. I think I paid around $1200 for mine 10-12 years ago. Heavy for packing though..

Bought one a few years ago from sportsman’s for 749.99 plus used 10% promo code and used raised.com for gift cards at 5% off. Same price currently at sportsman’s plus $100 gift card it appears.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is there hate for Vortex?
Most of the hate comes from their rifle scopes. A lot arent super reliable.

The binos and spotting scope lines dont seem to be hated as much but its still there and I think the majority stems from people that say things like "they are just as good as swaro" and anytime someone posts something negative the response is always "but the warranty."

Most of the hate comes from their rifle scopes. A lot arent super reliable.

The binos and spotting scope lines dont seem to be hated as much but its still there and I think the majority stems from people that say things like "they are just as good as swaro" and anytime someone posts something negative the response is always "but the warranty."
Id agree with this. Hate is more on the rifle scopes. Their binos/spotters aren't bad at all. Though IMHO I feel other companies are making optics as the same quailty if not better for a much better price.

I could careless about a warranty. I want a optic that I don't need to worry or want a lifetime warranty. I want quailty.

Id agree with this. Hate is more on the rifle scopes. Their binos/spotters aren't bad at all. Though IMHO I feel other companies are making optics as the same quailty if not better for a much better price.

I could careless about a warranty. I want a optic that I don't need to worry or want a lifetime warranty. I want quailty.
As hard as I am on things I do like their warranty and have used it a few times for issues that were not related to the quality of the glass. I only use their spotting scopes and binos though so no comment on the riflescopes.

Back