Vortex amazing customer service

JGRaider

WKR
Good points by all IMO. I am actually amazed that Vortex goes above and beyond the call of duty so often. My hat's off to them for the way they treat their customers.

Crazy how quick people are to knock down a company when someone is trying to praise them. The title of my post was “Vortex Amazing Customer Service” and not “vortex amazing quality”. I for one, am a believer. The product never failed me. I basically sent them bag a baggie of cocoa pebbles and got about $1700 in products being replaced at no cost to me (other than $20 in UPS for my baggie of charcoal). Wasn’t their fault and had they told me to pound sand, I couldn’t complain. In this case, they have a lifelong customer now out of me and my family. And to say “that’s what insurance is for” certainly must mean you haven’t dealt with insurance before. It certainly is way harder than what Vortex just did for me. Imagine your lifetime of tools, toys, and equipment disappearing in 2 hours. 2 months later and it’s still a fight. Having my binoculars replaced for free gave me a little happiness in this mess.
Its cool that they took care of you and I think it's an admirable way for a company to operate, and frankly I love to hear stories like that about vortex (aside from your fire, that sucks and sorry that happened)

I don't think anyone's trying to tear down your personal experience. It's just that those of us that have experienced vortex product failures (myself included) have come to realize that the true cost of that 'VIP Warranty' doesn't come out of vortex's pocket. It's built into their pricing model. For their products to be both profitable and competitively priced, that usually means something has to be compromised, and most of the time that's build & material quality. Most people purchasing their mid to lower priced products at higher volumes are likely subsidizing that warranty for everyone else.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I always seem to hear about all these issues, but I have never seen them myself. Some of the absolutely most successful hunters I know run all vortex and I never hear them complain. Sometimes I think this forum needs to be called the Swarovski and everything else sucks forum😂

68Plexi

WKR
Crazy how quick people are to knock down a company when someone is trying to praise them. The title of my post was “Vortex Amazing Customer Service” and not “vortex amazing quality”. I for one, am a believer. The product never failed me. I basically sent them bag a baggie of cocoa pebbles and got about $1700 in products being replaced at no cost to me (other than $20 in UPS for my baggie of charcoal). Wasn’t their fault and had they told me to pound sand, I couldn’t complain. In this case, they have a lifelong customer now out of me and my family. And to say “that’s what insurance is for” certainly must mean you haven’t dealt with insurance before. It certainly is way harder than what Vortex just did for me. Imagine your lifetime of tools, toys, and equipment disappearing in 2 hours. 2 months later and it’s still a fight. Having my binoculars replaced for free gave me a little happiness in this mess.

I agree with your original post. It wasn’t about whether or not you’d need to use the vortex warranty because of product failure in the field. They replaced items that were destroyed in a fire. How many other companies are willing to do that?

That’s what I thought your point was about. My experience was the same. Not their fault, replaced anyway, quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I always seem to hear about all these issues, but I have never seen them myself. Some of the absolutely most successful hunters I know run all vortex and I never hear them complain. Sometimes I think this forum needs to be called the Swarovski and everything else sucks forum😂
Plenty of love for Leica, Zeiss, KOWA and Maven around here too.

We all should consider the products warranty when we purchase a product, especially when the product involves electronics. But to brag about a no fault warrenty for a product not involving electronics is pretty pointless, as the company must fix or replace the product. Similarly, complaining about a company for not covering a product out of warrenty is also pointless.

However, missing an animal or the opportunity directly due to a product failure on a product that has a clear reputation for failure, is simply avoidable. Personally, I will steer clear of Vortex scopes on hunting rifles [I do own a couple), but based on their warrenty, I would absolutely consider their rangefinder. But then, Leica's 10 year warrenty on the electronics of their rangefinder is pretty damn good, granted there is a significant price difference, but then the glass is soooooo much better on the Leicas. Yet we all get to decide on how much glass we are willing to spring for.
You're not wrong... But I don't know that I've ever heard first hand of a Vortex failure that was a product that didn't work.

It's always something getting smashed that ruins a hunt. And whatever optics you like can also be smashed.

WRO

WKR
What are you getting end product wise if you're paying that much for warranty?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Except this particular incident had nothing at all to do with failure. EVERY company out there has failures. Vortex probably has 5-10x the number of units sold as most other companies. That alone means a higher percentage of failures. 5% of 5,000,000 is a lot more than 5% of 1,000,000. What % of unit failure would you consider acceptable as a company? I dont know what there failure % is , but i bet its pretty low overall.

Let’s see Vortex has been around since early 2000s….How long has Leupold (for example) been around?

You’d be foolish to think that Vortex has sold more product than companies that have been around much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
My truck/archery binos are Vortex Diamondback HD 8x32. They fit my requirements of being cheap (if they are stolen), light enough to carry deep when archery hunting deep in the big woods, and they are very clear considering the price point.
This past season, on my last sit I was climbing up a smooth bark tree. It was raining and cold. 20ish feet up and my climbing stick kicked out and I slid down the tree about 6feet until my lineman's rope caught me. My binocular took it hard. I pretty much destroyed them by dragging them down between my chest and the tree.
I sent them in and Vortex replaced them. Totally my fault. It's absolutely fantastic customer service.
I have a great pair of Leica Trinovids but I will be buying a pair of Razor HDUs in the future because of how they run the company.
They get a lot of hate, and the cheaper line deserves it. But, IMO they do make some really nice products.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Let’s see Vortex has been around since early 2000s….How long has Leupold (for example) been around?

You’d be foolish to think that Vortex has sold more product than companies that have been around much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am talking about per year sales at this time. No question Vortex sells way more product. Especially since Leupold quality is nothing like it used to be.

CoStick

WKR
I am really happy with the customer service I received, Karen says, “ hold my beer…”

Basically with a vortex razor bino, you're paying $999 and getting $333 worth of binocular and $666 worth of warranty coverage. Nothing wrong with it, works for a lot of guys and Vortex has done an excellent job promoting their product.

CoStick

WKR
Basically with a vortex razor bino, you're paying $999 and getting $333 worth of binocular and $666 worth of warranty coverage. Nothing wrong with it, works for a lot of guys and Vortex has done an excellent job promoting their product.
What do other $1000 binos price out at?

What do other $1000 binos price out at?
other $1k binos are not made in china and have better optics and build quality, but might not offer as good of warranty/replacement service. It all depends on what you want. Some guys value the ability to get new glass overnighted to them when they knock their tripod over and bust up a lens. Others value top optical performance and heirloom quality construction and it's worth paying if they need major service done. Different strokes and nobody is more right than the other. As long as I have kids i'll probably always have a pair of vortex binos bouncing around in my truck.

CoStick

WKR
other $1k binos are not made in china and have better optics and build quality, but might not offer as good of warranty/replacement service. It all depends on what you want. Some guys value the ability to get new glass overnighted to them when they knock their tripod over and bust up a lens. Others value top optical performance and heirloom quality construction and it's worth paying if they need major service done. Different strokes and nobody is more right than the other. As long as I have kids i'll probably always have a pair of vortex binos bouncing around in my truck.
I was just curious on how you got your numbers and how they compare to others in the same price range?

WRO

WKR
I was just curious on how you got your numbers and how they compare to others in the same price range?

It's industry wide in the rebranding market. You can look through an optics case at a big box retailer, and the bodies are literally the same with different color armor and nomenclature. The drive to no fault warranty is a 0 sum end game because at some point, warranty costs will overtake production costs. In the fishing industry, this came to be in the late 90's and early 2000's with rods.

The only glass I've looked through in that price point that seems to stand out, are the meopta (cabela Euro) and the Monarch HG. The rest seem to be same shit, different wrapper.

It's not that their bad glass, it's just you get what you pay for and in most cases it's warranty..

CorbLand

WKR
I am really happy with the customer service I received, Karen says, “ hold my beer…”
I look at these threads as reviews. If you went on Vortex's or any ones website and found that they are removing negative reviews, you would be mad. This is no different, if you google this and all you see is thread after thread saying how good it is and nobody is posting the bad...

Its sad, being called a Karen use to mean something but like most things, its being so convoluted with none Karen things that it literally means nothing now. Posting negative things about a company is not a Karen. A Karen is my neighbor that called the cops on me for working on my own pickup in front of my own apartment. She saw 15 seconds of me checking the hood to make sure it latched and immediately went to he is trying to break into that vehicle. That's a Karen.

CoStick

WKR
I look at these threads as reviews. If you went on Vortex's or any ones website and found that they are removing negative reviews, you would be mad. This is no different, if you google this and all you see is thread after thread saying how good it is and nobody is posting the bad...

Its sad, being called a Karen use to mean something but like most things, its being so convoluted with none Karen things that it literally means nothing now. Posting negative things about a company is not a Karen. A Karen is my neighbor that called the cops on me for working on my own pickup in front of my own apartment. She saw 15 seconds of me checking the hood to make sure it latched and immediately went to he is trying to break into that vehicle. That's a Karen.
A person is excited to share a good experience and then people line up to crap on it. That seems like a Karen to me. People who struggle to allow others to enjoy their moment. You are right though, it is commonplace now.

KHNC

WKR
What they lose on warranty, they make up on flat-billed caps and t-shirts.

Greatest marketing company of all time.
You know, i was a Vortex rep thru OSMG for over 6 years. THey have sent me probably 100+ hats to give out at Cabelas stores to customers. Not once, and i mean not once, was there a flat bill in the boxes.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord