Vivo forest tracker esc durability

bhylton

WKR
I would love a bunch of people’s feedback on size as well. According to their sizing chart print out (properly to scale) my foot is a size 7….. I’ve worn 10.5-11s my whole life, so not sure what to think

fwafwow

WKR
Sizing for me was pretty close to my other shoes. I’ve most often worn size 11s, and when an option and later in life, sometimes 11.5. The Vivo chart produced an 11 for me for the Tracker ESC and 12 in another shoe. If I can get a deal on another pair of Tracker ESCs, I would take another 11 or go up to a 12. Note that these type of shoes, and the change of gait, made going up a size more likely, as they don’t have to fit as tight. YMMV.

dtrkyman

WKR
I wear a 9.5 in most anything, I didn’t see how their 9 would work so I went 10, a little big but no issues.

This is with their training shoe and Magna Forest not the ESC.

These shoes just fit different and some space doesn’t seem to be an issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a 10 in most boots, with a snug fit. I started wearing zero drop and barefoot shoes about 2 years ago. My forest trackers are 10’s and fit with a little more room - as intended. I’m also experimenting with an insole from a competitor’s barefoot boot for a little extra padding.

ElPollo

WKR
I would love a bunch of people’s feedback on size as well. According to their sizing chart print out (properly to scale) my foot is a size 7….. I’ve worn 10.5-11s my whole life, so not sure what to think
I’m a 10.5-11 US in most boots. When I first printed out their sizing sheet off my phone I didn’t check the scale and came out as a 12.5. I figured that was wonky and printed it off my desktop, making sure to go into Adobe and select print actual size. After that I came out a size 9. I went ahead and ordered that size and then second guessed myself thinking maybe I should have measured with socks on. The 9 fit perfectly for me. Just follow their sizing directions and you’ll do fine.

Braaap

WKR
Something is off. My trackers are size 9 and I usually wear 9.5 in most other shoes.

BBob

WKR
According to their sizing chart print out (properly to scale) my foot is a size 7….. I’ve worn 10.5-11s my whole life, so not sure what to think
Is that measuring how long your foot actually is? If so and if I reminder right you need to add to your foot length to determine the size you want off the printed chart. You have to decide how much room you want and add that to your foot length and then read the size. Also, did you verify the chart printed to the correct scale?

Using the sizing guide rather than the printout (I originally used the printout and added as I said above) the guide is right on for me. My longest foot is ~27.5cm and the guide recommends a 44/11. I opted for more room rather than less since that’s sort of the purpose of the shoe. They fit perfect.

IMG_3776.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
H
I typically wear size 9.5-10 in running shoes. My tracker esc are a US9/42 and fit perfectly. I used their

OP
H
I'm wondering if anyone has tried out aquaseal SR for repairing the sole/leather separation above the stitching and also to seal/toughen up the stitching on the forest tracker esc?

I'm considering trying it

Dobermann

WKR
As others have said, something is wrong there - I've fitted out four family members using their print out scale, and it's been spot on each time.

You really do need to use their sizing tool, as shoe sizes vary too much between different companies.

I've also found it easier to use Euro sizing to ensure a higher level of accuracy.

Dobermann

WKR
The pair I have are just a little bit too big, so I bought a pair of insoles from Xero shoes. They are the right shape and just add a small amount of padding. If you haven't worn barefoot shoes before, it might be a good option to get used to them. I had arch reconstruction surgery in my left foot. While rehabbing that, I read the book Born to run. Part of the book goes through the history of how Nike's invention of Jogging shoes has pretty much destroyed our feet and knees. When I first started wearing barefoot shoes, I had to bring other shoes to work and swap them out halfway through the day. Now I've gotten to where I can run in them. Here's the link for the insoles if you're interested:

I have really high arches, although been wearing 'barefoot' shoes daily for about 10 years now, and ran in them for some years before that.

I supplement my Vivos with Superfeet Green insoles, which makes them both fit better and fills in my arches well. Doesn't seem to affect the benefits of the 'barefoot' nature of the shoe too much at all.

Madstop14

FNG
Man, this site gets expensive quickly. The sizing discussion lead me to a question. I'm wondering about wearing these in cold weather and using thick socks. My feet get really cold, really fast even when being on the move. Will these hold up and give you then same benefits if you need to run a think sock in them? Do you guys have a few pairs in different sizes to accommodate?

The pair I have are just a little bit too big, so I bought a pair of insoles from Xero shoes. They are the right shape and just add a small amount of padding. If you haven't worn barefoot shoes before, it might be a good option to get used to them. I had arch reconstruction surgery in my left foot. While rehabbing that, I read the book Born to run. Part of the book goes through the history of how Nike's invention of Jogging shoes has pretty much destroyed our feet and knees. When I first started wearing barefoot shoes, I had to bring other shoes to work and swap them out halfway through the day. Now I've gotten to where I can run in them. Here's the link for the insoles if you're interested:

Thanks for this heads up. Did you find that the Xero insole sizing aligns with Vito’s sizing?

bhylton

WKR
Is that measuring how long your foot actually is? If so and if I reminder right you need to add to your foot length to determine the size you want off the printed chart. You have to decide how much room you want and add that to your foot length and then read the size. Also, did you verify the chart printed to the correct scale?

Using the sizing guide rather than the printout (I originally used the printout and added as I said above) the guide is right on for me. My longest foot is ~27.5cm and the guide recommends a 44/11. I opted for more room rather than less since that’s sort of the purpose of the shoe. They fit perfect.

View attachment 734906
Looking at that chart I misspoke. My foot measures right around 26cm so more like an 8. Does that mean I need a size 8, or are they saying their size 8 shoe measures 26cm total?

BBob

WKR
Looking at that chart I misspoke. My foot measures right around 26cm so more like an 8. Does that mean I need a size 8, or are they saying their size 8 shoe measures 26cm total?
It's been awhile and I thought you added to your foot length to get the size off the print chart but re-looking at it I'm not sure that's correct or if it was changed. Both the chart on the webpage and print chart seem to align now. At 27.5cm I'm in between sizes and sized up. Sized up .5 is about right and if it were a bit bigger it would still be fine. I would not want a dead on sized shoe if they made it in that size (they don't make a 44.5). In your case you're a hair over an 8. I'd probably lean towards sizing up if you wear normal thickness socks or would ever wear a bit thicker for winter. A slightly loose shoe in this type of shoe would be better IMO than tighter. They also like most leather shoes/boots will fold, shrink, etc...and form fit a bit to your foot. You can always do what was suggested above and add a thin insole to use up volume. I've done that on all sorts of footwear to alter fit. I had to on my Jim Green's to get the length and volume I wanted.

ArmyAg97

FNG
I measured based on their chart and ordered. Ended up having to go up 1/2 size because I had one toe on one foot hitting the end.