Vivo forest tracker esc durability

dtrkyman

WKR
Received today, fit seems spot on with a 10, I normally go 9.5 in most shoes.

So less than a week to receive.

Last edited:

joshr

FNG
As much as I love the Tracker ESC’s for hiking and backcountry use, I don’t find them great for an everyday shoe around town and for work. Taking them on and off is a bit of a chore and getting the uppers laced perfectly so that they don’t pinch can be tricky.

Enter the Magna Leather FG. This thing is the most comfortable shoe I’ve worn. They slip on easily, without untying. the sole is plenty grippy enough for everyday use on gravel, dirt, grass. The leather is even higher quality than the Trackers ESC’s and waterproof.

5/5 Highly recommend.

View attachment 710008
View attachment 710009View attachment 710010View attachment 710011

My vivo Primus has those soles on them and man, they can be slick.

Planning on going to the Forests however was worried about slipping around on them here in the coastal jungle/clay soil. Reading through this post, looks like I may need to pay attention to foot placement.

Lawnboi

WKR
I got a pair of the magna FG for work, since they are all black.

Slightly prefer the forest trackers, that tread does seem to give them a little extra cushion. But the fg are not terrible, and they grip adequately for what I’m using them for.

They do fit a hair more snug than the tracker but not by much, I’m wearing the same size. They do seem like they are going to last longer as a station/ems shoe.

I’m just finally getting to the point that I don’t feel worn out in my feet after a few days of constant wear. And I’m coming from wearing altras and inov8 for years. My body feels better wearing these shoes now.

No durability issues yet 6 months in, but at 150 I’m not very rough on shoes to begin with.

Has anyone spent a decent amount of time in the prairie with these? I’m taking them antelope hunting this fall, just worried that I’m going to puncture the sole potentially with cacti

My vivo Primus has those soles on them and man, they can be slick.

Planning on going to the Forests however was worried about slipping around on them here in the coastal jungle/clay soil. Reading through this post, looks like I may need to pay attention to foot placement.
That terrain sounds challenging for any sole! The Forest ESC's would probably be better suited in that case, or atleast the Magna ESC's.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Has anyone spent a decent amount of time in the prairie with these? I’m taking them antelope hunting this fall, just worried that I’m going to puncture the sole potentially with cacti

Lots. Have not had a complete puncture of the sole- lots stuck in them and broken, but nothing has made it into the foot area. They specifically are my prairie and cactus shoe.

2buffalo

Lil-Rokslider
Lots. Have not had a complete puncture of the sole- lots stuck in them and broken, but nothing has made it into the foot area. They specifically are my prairie and cactus shoe.
How do these work for someone who has had several ankle injuries (weak ligaments)?

BBob

WKR
How do these work for someone who has had several ankle injuries (weak ligaments)?
I'm of the opinion that rather than continually trying to support a weak ankle thats suffered injury is to give it time to get strong by not supporting (pampering) the weak ankle. After the injury yeah maybe support it some so you can walk but for the long term let it strengthen itself. BTW yes I have suffered a pretty severe ankle injury (broken bones, blasted ligaments). My ankle will never be the same as it once was but I have no real issues with it and I can wear pretty much a no support shoe about anywhere. It did take time though.

2buffalo

Lil-Rokslider
I figures with less sole/heel height it should be better kinda like I don't have a real issue turning my ankles in cross but have to wear an ASO in hiking boots or I do roll it. I have had bad ankles since playing sports in high school.

Lawnboi

WKR
Given time to adapt to a minimal boot I think they are the best option. That said that can take years.

I had very weak ankles that I tried to mask with heavy boots. Swapped to minimalist shoes and a lot of trail running and that pretty much disappeared, even with that I wouldn’t jump into a hunting with these boots without some serious training of your feet/body.