Video doorbell

I have a Ring2pro. It's nice but kind of pointless where I currently am. If I lived off base and in Anchorage it would be a must! Screenshot_20221026-100229_Ring.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-083645_Ring.jpg
Daytime vs night time.

CRJR45

WKR
We have Blink cameras and doorbell , bought from Amazon , doorbell and three cameras for $180-ish . Have one on the boat , one on the dog during the day , and the front door . It works great , I have tape of bobcats , fox and coyotes going through the side yard . Goes to my phone , I can talk to whoever is at my door from wherever I'm at .

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I have SimpliSafe doorbell cam and can’t say I’d recommend it. Very laggy and often times doesn’t tell me someone was at the door til 10-15 minutes later. Just installed some of the Arlo surveillance cameras to the front and back of the house though and they’re very impressive.

I bought a ring doorbell last year on Amazon black friday to try. I plan to buy more cameras now that I've used the doorbell. The app is user friendly and there doesn't seem to be any lag with notifications to my phone. I really like that you can set the sensitivity. So when my doorbell senses motion (halfway down the driveway) it lights up but I can set the sensitivity for notification to just a few feet from the camera if I want. The status light is moving on the camera so whoever is there knows they are being recorded. As mentioned earlier, the two-way talk is nice too. I had someone at my door when I was out of town once. Probably just someone trying to sell something or political knocker or whatever, but wasn't exactly the straightest looking arrow. I got the notification, opened my app and could see the person, clicked on speaker and told the person I was in a meeting upstairs and unavailable all day (I was 3 hours away). Maybe I'm paranoid, but I really liked the fact of being able to appear home when I wasn't.

I don't know about the battery-operated ones, but my hardwire doorbell has no issues with the cold here in southcentral anyways (-20F ish).

My house was not wired for a doorbell so we use the battery operated ring. It works great but I need to adjust the angle down more since our house is fairly elevated. We pick up a lot of street traffic. Have one on the front door and our side door where we park. Two battery operated motion lights on the front porch. Battery operated motion light and camera on the side of the house. All work great with the ring app. I’m looking at pulling some wires and hard witting everything now.

2531usmc

WKR
My wife really wants a ring and I’ve heard really good things about them. But I have this nagging concern that Amazon is sensing and storing all of my family data coming in and out of that door. Data to include facial recognition family size & composition, etc

same reason I will not have Alexa in my house

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
My wife really wants a ring and I’ve heard really good things about them. But I have this nagging concern that Amazon is sensing and storing all of my family data coming in and out of that door. Data to include facial recognition family size & composition, etc

Not that I disagree with you but you better burn your smart phone, tablets and computer also probably. That's the argument I get every time I bring up your point

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
i went in with the ubiquiti cameras since I had built my stack with them and cisco. I have been happy with it but its not cloud based you have to have your own attached NVR which for me is a giant plus.

I like our Google wiretap better than the Alexa wiretap anyway.

We have a Ring doorbell, and floodlights with a ring on the front of the shop.

The wife loves them, and I've got no complaints.

I bought a ring doorbell last year on Amazon black friday to try. I plan to buy more cameras now that I've used the doorbell. The app is user friendly and there doesn't seem to be any lag with notifications to my phone. I really like that you can set the sensitivity. So when my doorbell senses motion (halfway down the driveway) it lights up but I can set the sensitivity for notification to just a few feet from the camera if I want. The status light is moving on the camera so whoever is there knows they are being recorded. As mentioned earlier, the two-way talk is nice too. I had someone at my door when I was out of town once. Probably just someone trying to sell something or political knocker or whatever, but wasn't exactly the straightest looking arrow. I got the notification, opened my app and could see the person, clicked on speaker and told the person I was in a meeting upstairs and unavailable all day (I was 3 hours away). Maybe I'm paranoid, but I really liked the fact of being able to appear home when I wasn't.

I don't know about the battery-operated ones, but my hardwire doorbell has no issues with the cold here in southcentral anyways (-20F ish).
I’m not a fan of ring because they own the video and can give to authorities without your approval. I need to find a system where the video is local to my house.

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a fan of ring because they own the video and can give to authorities without your approval. I need to find a system where the video is local to my house.
If you do a search on the internet, there are several smart guys that have created software to make the Ring products record to someplace besides Ring. Might look into that if you're concerned about Ring having the video. I'm doing that research myself (doorbell, 3 floodlight/camera combos with plans for 2 more). Really like their software controls and performance on our new place. Especially like the ability to keep the lights outside to a minimum unless we need them. Can manually turn them on with our phones.

tony

WKR
GF put a ring on her condo front door. Has caught a lot of meth zombies, and general shit birds roaming around.
She added a google camera flood light set up on top of the garage. That thing is amazing
Turns night into day, clear video feed and the audio is good.

Either way, you see a 6 foot 120 pound 30 year old male riding a BMX bike with a backpack at 3AM
Hes not going to school

They only do this when the local PD has requested it due to your camera potential being able to help them solve a criminal case. Trust me they don't care what your family is doing or what they look like...unless it would help them solve a criminal case..