Vanguard Optics

williaada

WKR
Looking for reviews on vanguard optics. Looking at getting a scope and pair binos for out west? Thanks

I have the endeavor ed II 10x42 binos as well as the the endeavor hd 82a spotter. I’ve been very happy with how they’ve performed the last couple of years. The spotter is kind of heavy, but it’s also an 82mm objective so it’s expected

Vids

WKR
I have the Endeavor 82mm spotting scope. I bought it for ~$600 with the tripod included, they ran a special a few years back. I've been very happy with it, very good optics for that price. I compared it side by side to my buddy's Swaro and to my untrained eye the quality was very similar, just a hint more detail from the Swaro's. Close enough that I can't justify spending $2k on a Swaro.

It is heavy just like jlaner0408 wrote, but I think that's to be expected for any 82mm. I don't view 82mm scopes as something I'm going to pack in no matter the brand or if it's 6oz lighter, I have a 60mm Leupold scope and smaller tripod for that purpose. The Vanguard is a great scope for spotting animals from the truck.

There are other threads on Rokslide about the Vanguard scope, I recommend searching for those and you will see a ton of reviews.

I had the Endeavor ED 10x42 a few years ago but sold them. I thought it was decent for the money but the eye pieces didn't fit my eyes very well The focus is a very fast focus which is good but I didn't think the resolution was as good as my old beater Alpen 10x42 binoculars when i compared them side by side so I sold the Vanguards. I read that the Endeavor II ED is much better than the ones I had but I have not personally looked through the Endeavor II.

I have had an Endeavor HD 65mm spotting scope since early 2015. I legit have put it through hell and she has seen better days. I cannot complain about it especially for the price I paid. I bought it when Vanguard had a $100 rebate from a vendor on eBay and I made him a "best offer". Think I have $250 in it after rebate.

I think if I was in the market again for a budget spotter I would look at the Athlon Ares. People seem to be having great luck with them.

HuntNTag

WKR
I have had an Endeavor HD 65mm spotting scope since early 2015. I legit have put it through hell and she has seen better days. I cannot complain about it especially for the price I paid. I bought it when Vanguard had a $100 rebate from a vendor on eBay and I made him a "best offer". Think I have $250 in it after rebate.

I think if I was in the market again for a budget spotter I would look at the Athlon Ares. People seem to be having great luck with them.

I have had 2 razor spotters (65mm gen 1 and 2) and I have a small minox md 50 that I would take on some deep backcountry hunts. I just got the Athlon Ares 65mm and I have to say that I’m impressed with it. It’s small yet solid and the glass is clear. It’s better than my razors were and for the price, you just cannot beat it.

Evo9037

FNG
I have a vanguard spotter. It's ok but not to the quality of Leupold, vortex etc