Utility trailer

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve had my aluminum trailer a little over a year and put 4000 miles on it last year hauling my sxs, no issues so far.

Thanks Y’all. I’ve come to the conclusion that steel would better suit our needs. I’m currently looking at these two trailers.. Our local dealer sells Big Tex & PJ trailers and he highly recommended the PJ over the Big Tex. Not familiar with Lamar but looks like a decent trailer. Thoughts ?

The Lamars are a cheaper trailer, but not bad.

All the Paris trailers (PJ/Big Tex/Maxx-D) are pretty comperable.

One thing I did learn. If you will be pulling it up any sketchy roads, get the jacks that swing up out if the way. The ones that are static and hang down a little will eventually get bent so bad they won’t work or ripped off all together

OP
Another reason why I’ve decided to go steel. I recently put a deposit down on a raft. Ideally, I would buy a separate dedicated raft trailer but I already own a drift but and the wife doesn’t want 3 trailers laying around.

Found this set up online of a PJ trailer.

Attachments

• FE7B8B64-B0B0-43F0-8DDE-A9059B99296A.jpeg
    FE7B8B64-B0B0-43F0-8DDE-A9059B99296A.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 38
  • D61BFDF5-F0E3-49CF-A768-D727AA052844.jpeg
    D61BFDF5-F0E3-49CF-A768-D727AA052844.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 38
One thing I did learn. If you will be pulling it up any sketchy roads, get the jacks that swing up out if the way. The ones that are static and hang down a little will eventually get bent so bad they won’t work or ripped off all together

Excellent tip! That's the one thing I'd change on mine if I were replacing it today.

I also much prefer the bulldog collar type couplers over the standard type.

Bsevans5

FNG
Lots of good info ready said. Budget and use make a big difference as stated. They are lighter which may be a factor, but that can also be a con. Don't know if they can take the beating that traditional ones do

The Lamars are a cheaper trailer, but not bad.

All the Paris trailers (PJ/Big Tex/Maxx-D) are pretty comperable.
Maxx-D u3x + is a step above PJ and way above big Tex.

The PJ/Load trail are great trailers but the utilities are now made in Mexico, not a knock in durability just not same fit and finish they used to be.

Maxxd just does a better job between cross base spacing, well wheels, tongue channel length all the way lic plate holder.

Last edited:
Another reason why I’ve decided to go steel. I recently put a deposit down on a raft. Ideally, I would buy a separate dedicated raft trailer but I already own a drift but and the wife doesn’t want 3 trailers laying around.

Found this set up online of a PJ trailer.
Pj and loadtrail have pull out side rails and center pivoting Jacks on all their U models.

OP
I appreciate all the help. I put down a deposit on a 12ft PJ trailer. Seemed like the better option compared to Big Tex. Bulldog coupler and the quick attachments on the side sealed the deal for me.