Utah elk hunting

bmalloy4

FNG
Classified Approved
I will be doing my first archery elk hunt on my own this fall in Utah. If anyone would like to share some knowledge it would be greatly appreciated please give me a text or call to 662-588-6010. Thank y’all and good luck this year to everyone.

Last edited:
Definitely elk in those units, but also a lot of hunting pressure. Due to the pressure, elk are typically call shy.

Because these areas are general units and intel is hard earned, you probably aren't going to get a lot of people sharing specific areas with you. Gotta get out and learn it the hard way for the most part. You will have a fun experience no matter what happens - it is beautiful country. Take a fishing pole - lots of lakes to fish.

+1 for the fishing pole. With what @elkhunterUT said about pressure and being call shy, they can end up held deep in the trees. Sometimes you have to just keep hiking through the forest all day and hope to cross paths with one. At least at that point with how tight the trees can be you'll already be in bow range of anything you see! Just don't hike so far in that you can't get one out. Good luck!

OP
bmalloy4

bmalloy4

FNG
Classified Approved
Thank y’all and two thumbs up for letting me know about the fishing poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk