Utah archery cow elk

Hey All,
Would someone be able to help explain what units I can hunt in Utah if I just want to hunt a cow with the bow in September? I’m just looking for opportunities to gather elk experience and would be perfectly fine shooting a cow. I want to be able to get myself into elk with the chance of seeing some bulls doing bull things but with a cow tag in hand during archery. I believe this is stated as the general tag but am I able to hunt any unit, limited or any bull unit, if all I have is a archery cow tag?

Thanks

2blade

WKR
The otc unlimited archery cow/spike tag means you can shoot a spike or cow on a spike unit. Most LE units are considered spike units but check the regs to be sure the one you want to hunt is. You can shoot any elk on a General unit. Season dates this year for spike units will be the 3rd saturday in august, 8/17 thru 9/6. General units run a week longer or so.

OP
Bow2prince
The otc unlimited archery cow/spike tag means you can shoot a spike or cow on a spike unit. Most LE units are considered spike units but check the regs to be sure the one you want to hunt is. You can shoot any elk on a General unit. Season dates this year for spike units will be the 3rd saturday in august, 8/17 thru 9/6. General units run a week longer or so.
I appreciate the info. I am planning on hunting later September this year so not an option for me. Just trying to look at all options for plans C and D if I don’t draw in other states.

JRDK2000

FNG
OTC tags in Utah can be pretty tough, would definitely recommend looking somewhere else to get the most bang for your buck if you are coming from out of state