USPS text scam

Gobbler36

WKR
Damn….
first ever scam I fell for, caught me when I was in a hurry and not thinking. I’ve shipped a lot of stuff in the past few weeks and thought maybe it was real so I paid a 3.00 charge for my debit card and then realized two seconds late that I bet it was a scam.
I had to enter name, email address, address, and name And debit card.
I already immediately put a block on my card and turned it off through my app.

Question is what do I do now?

Fatcamp

WKR
Check for charges and get a new card on the way. Your card has a hotline number on it right? Call that.

mi650

WKR
My wife got this too, and almost fell for it.

I have her pretty well trained to check with me before doing anything like that, but she was about to click it and asked me almost as an after-thought.

After falling for a microsoft scam several years ago, to the tune of $300, you'd think she would have learned her lesson. 😂

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Yeah and I had an unknown charge get denied from out of state somewhere too…
so glad I turned the card off as quick as I did

it was crazy the link takes you to what looks like a legit usps websit… still feel like an idiot though

Ram94

WKR
They are hitting Canadians too eh. Got one yesterday from Canada Post. The tip off was that the link was .com and not .ca

bushman76

FNG
Damn….
first ever scam I fell for, caught me when I was in a hurry and not thinking. I’ve shipped a lot of stuff in the past few weeks and thought maybe it was real so I paid a 3.00 charge for my debit card and then realized two seconds late that I bet it was a scam.
I had to enter name, email address, address, and name And debit card.
I already immediately put a block on my card and turned it off through my app.

Question is what do I do now?
You already took the necessary steps. Hopefully, you are free from their attack.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a new Dell few years back, downloaded Chrome..... immediately got scammed by "dell support"- no money but corrupt computer that had to have a factory reset