USB-C Thermal T2 Pro Search Review

This is a review of the T2 Search Thermal Imager. It uses a 256 x 192 Resolution sensor at up to 25 Hz with a manual focus. It also includes a USB-C Extension cable and a hand-held mount for a phone and the sensor. The mount is a little bulky and I will probably put some Velcro on the back of my phone’s case and the scanner to keep it a little slimmer.
PXL_20221003_022328953.jpg
PXL_20221003_022352640.jpg
It did take a few tweaks to get it to connect to my Google Pixel 5a. It wasn't until I enabled developer mode that my phone was able to tell that an external camera was plugged into the USB-C port. I’m not sure if it was an issue with my phone's USB port or the cable, but sometimes the device would disconnect if the cable was bumped in any way. If I took off my case, I didn't have any troubles connecting it. The bottom of the handle features a ¼-20 female thread for mounting to a small ball head or tripod.
Screenshot_20221008-072604.png

I was also supplied with the latest version of the app, Xinfared. From the file name it appears this version is from 9/21/22. Upon launching the app, a very loud splash screen shows and I have found no way to turn it off inside the app. Make sure the volume on your device is turned down low or off as this could scare off whatever you're trying to see. Here are some photos of a hot overhead highbay LED to show the different color modes as well as a few deer in my yard at roughly 50yds.
Black Hot.pngColored Red Hot.pngWhite Hot.pngYellow Hot.png

Black Hot Deer.pngColored Deer.pngRed Hot Deer.png
I think the red hot on black background was the easiest to make out animals and in the top left corner there are 2 cars at 250yds.

Overall, I think this makes a very affordable scanner to pair with a thermal scope and has a lot of functionality. I will probably refine how I mount it and find a USB-C cable that fits a little tighter to hopefully keep it from disconnecting. I will be adding photos to this review and will get some comparison photos to my Steiner S35. If you have any question or want something specific in more detail, let me know.