Urge 2 Hunt cow elk hunts?

huntnful

WKR
Bought 4 late season landowner cow elk tags for Richmond, UT from Serge, at Urge 2 Hunt. Has anyone done these hunts through him? Found some pretty mixed reviews after purchasing. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any update or has your season not happened yet? Considering using Serge but never responded to my email so I shrug it off as a loss for now.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Any update or has your season not happened yet? Considering using Serge but never responded to my email so I shrug it off as a loss for now.
I’m curious also as I’ve considered using him as well.
Yes, I was told the ranch was several thousand acres. I talked to the actual landowner and the ranch was actually 600 acres. Only 400 of which was huntable. It was a giant fiasco and I DO NOT recommend anyone book through this guy. Gave me the run around and didn't want to give me a refund. I recorded a 30 minute phone call with the land owner, who was an awesome dude, and explained the whole situation. Once I made Serge aware of all of this, and that the landowner wasn't going to give him the vouchers anyways because they were sold to me with false info, Serge DID refund my full amount of $6K, but the bull$h!T he put me through to get my money back was ridiculous. I wrote a huge negative review on him and he threatened to sue me if I didn't take it down. It's water under the bridge now, but damn I'm getting pissed just thinking about it again lol

Rich M

WKR
Yes, I was told the ranch was several thousand acres. I talked to the actual landowner and the ranch was actually 600 acres. Only 400 of which was huntable. It was a giant fiasco and I DO NOT recommend anyone book through this guy. Gave me the run around and didn't want to give me a refund. I recorded a 30 minute phone call with the land owner, who was an awesome dude, and explained the whole situation. Once I made Serge aware of all of this, and that the landowner wasn't going to give him the vouchers anyways because they were sold to me with false info, Serge DID refund my full amount of $6K, but the bull$h!T he put me through to get my money back was ridiculous. I wrote a huge negative review on him and he threatened to sue me if I didn't take it down. It's water under the bridge now, but damn I'm getting pissed just thinking about it again lol
Thanks for the update. Sorry about the excitement.

I keep thinking about the response about the link to the bad review. Musta been the same guy?

WRO

WKR
I've got a couple guys who aren't shisters I'd recommend.

Cody coles guide service
And Birch Creek guide service.

Both are legit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PRC_GUY

WKR
I would not pay for serge again, if you want to go cow elk for meat and enjoy outdoors and easy hunt, PM me I will give you Brett phone number, you don’t want to pay serge for his commissions .

wytx

WKR
Same guy advertised private land vouchers in Colorado that did not have access.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
He's a salesman. Bottom line. I can understand that. But when he tried to refuse to give me a refund, I about lost my $H!T. I still have screen shots of the whole convo and the recorded talk with the land owner. Just garbage business practice over trying to make a little bit of money.

I would not pay for serge again, if you want to go cow elk for meat and enjoy outdoors and easy hunt, PM me I will give you Brett phone number, you don’t want to pay serge for his commissions
I'm too new to the forums to send you (prc guy) a DM but I would like Brett's contact. Thank you to OP for posting your review I was able to find it and avoid a disaster. Your travails have surely helped others avoid the same fate.

Also thank you for the other recommends for guides. I've never been hunting and would like to go with somebody for my first time.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Definitely happy to help anyone avoid this guy. There’s many shitty experiences shared by people if you do a google search also. I’m glad I got my money back, but I really feel bad for anyone getting sold these hunts on false info.

Matias

FNG
Had the worst experience with Serge, I would highly highly recommened that anyone avoid him. I bought 3 cow tags in an “ area with high success rates.” They landowners spot was tiny, looked unused for a while and old have 40 year old farm art scattered about it. We looked over probably 12 square miles over 2.5 days and didn’t even see a single annimal much less ans elk. This was anfter the week lading up to it we were told “they had been seen, however I don’t look for them” by the land owner. When I messaged him about none of the info being good or accurate on top on the landowner area being tiny his only reply was “ well I gave you a deal on the tags.” You mean you lied and we just handed over cash and wasted time l, money, and effort in an area no locals or anyone we stopped to talk to had seen elk. F that guy.

Last edited:
OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Had the worst experience with Serge, I would highly highly recommened that anyone avoid him. I bought 3 cow tags in an “ area with high success rates.” They landowners spot was tiny, looked unused for a while and old have 40 year old farm art scattered about it. We looked over probably 120 square miles over 2.5 days and didn’t even see a single annimal much less ans elk. This was anfter the week lading up to it we were told “they had been seen, however I don’t look for them” by the land owner. When I messaged him about none of the info being good or accurate on top on the landowner area being tiny his only reply was “ well I gave you a deal on the tags.” You mean you lied and we just handed over cash and wasted time l, money, and effort in an area no locals or anyone we stopped to talk to had seen elk. F that guy.
Yeah I really got lucky to get my money back. There are way more stories like yours than mine dude. Sorry about your crap hunt brother. I think you misspelled the “120 square miles”? That’s massive lol. Or just actually land owner area was tiny, so you drove all over?

PRC_GUY

WKR
I was there last December for cow elk hunt in the mountain with Brett sons and I killed my cow elk in the first 10 minutes of the hunt, don’t hunt hunt at the farm , Serge charge double for cow elk which is $1800 , if you hunt with Brett is 1k, stay away from Serge, he got me once and done.

Matias

FNG
Yeah I really got lucky to get my money back. There are way more stories like yours than mine dude. Sorry about your crap hunt brother. I think you misspelled the “120 square miles”? That’s massive lol. Or just actually land owner area was tiny, so you drove all over?
12 square miles, and that was was more than the 2 mile radius that the private land was on. Went high up into the snow, low, all over. 2 Rzrs and 2 trucks. Guy is junk