Upland GoBox

dkell

FNG
The last couple years I have been using one of those square ammo crates to keep my stuff organized throughout the seasons.

It’s functional but far from optimal. I chase turkeys, fish, waterfowl, upland, and occasionally go out west for archery elk. It would be nice to have an optimized box where I can just throw everything in at the start of the season and pick out of when the need arises.

I have tried the Plano sportsman trunk but it collected a ton of dust. However, it’s nice for throwing camping equipment in if it’s riding in the cab.

Does anyone have any solutions they have found that works? I am eyeing a Yeti GoBox 30 but the price tag is hefty. It’d get used and hopefully be around for at least a decade but if there is a cheaper alternative I’m all about it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Academy has a Magellan gear box that comes in three sizes. I really like the medium one because I can stand on it.

They are not cheap but I got tired of the cheap $20 boxes not lasting.

TSAMP

WKR
Scentlok has totes with o ring seals. I think Remington also makes a version with the seal.

the red Home Depot/husky weatherproof boxes. They have clear lids, o-ring seals, and come in a few sizes. not sure I would trust standing on it but i have yet to break one.

Fitzwho

WKR
the red Home Depot/husky weatherproof boxes. They have clear lids, o-ring seals, and come in a few sizes. not sure I would trust standing on it but i have yet to break one.
Richburgers - I hadn't seen these in store yet. They look pretty solid. This has me thinking about switching out all my Rubbermaid totes to these. Plus, I can color coordinate fishing (white), hunting (green), other BS (black and/or red)... Though I just had to buy a new AC unit today, probably have to wait until next year.

I did just pick up one of the 50L Magellan Pro Boxes (medium size) and I really like it for a "go box" - keeping certain items stored and organized for fishing/hunting trips. The lid storage is a nice add on for an $80 box. Which is a steal compared to the Yeti. I would have gone with the larger one (92L) but it is about 6" too long to fit in my built in cabinets in the garage.

rideold

WKR
I bought some weather resistant plastic bins for camping once thinking sealed would be great for rain, bugs, etc.....ended up putting some vent holes in them because they would just get condensation inside as the day warmed up. I've just gone back to the basic yellow topped storage bins.

rcook10

WKR
I have had a gobox for 3 years as my camp kitchen, I am very satisfied. I have used it very hard for truck and river camping and it has held up great. I think for the size it would be hard to find a dry box this good. I don't think I'd use it for just upland gear but if you have the cash you will be very happy I think.

Swamp Fox

WKR
The gray Husky boxes or the old Action Packers. Haven't seen the latter recently but I think they're still out there. I own a ton of them, and about 1/2 ton of the Huskys. ----Both water- and bomb-proof.

I have an Action Packer mounted on the front of one of the Broncos (the fishing version). Everybody thinks it's a cooler ... Which it is occasionally. LOL

Hit a deer with it going 45 early morning around 4AM last week as the howling wind had the deer cranked up. Never saw the damn thing until it was 3/4 past my center-line.

Action Packer clipped her in a ham, prolly, and crunched the lower driver's side corner of the box. Should be able to punch it out to near-original shape, no problem.