Upland boots

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
What are people using these days for think nasty and wet. I used to use and loved the Browning Kangaroo leather boots they were Fa nominal, but they stopped making them. Cabela's then took them over and like most things they ruined them. The price stayed the same, but they removed the Gortex and when I say removed it, I don't mean traded it out for something else waterproof. They still market them as upland boots but not as waterproof??? Who the duck makes and markets a boot as "upland" that are not waterproof WTF!!!

So, been looking at the LL bean kangaroo leather anyone tried these? I have been using for three years the Redwing Irish Setters which are comfy and dry, but I have about shredded the leather on the toe box from the think briars I go through. I really want Kangaroo leather as I never had this issue with it.

Thanks

Wheels

WKR
I’ve always worn “Muck” style boots for upland, but recently bought a pair of Schnees Beartooths to try this season. Better support and waterproof.

jmez

WKR
I've been wearing my Hanwag's the past few years. Won't go back to an "upland" boot. Comfortable, offer way more support and waterproof.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
For really wet, muddy and cold, I have a pair of Muck lace up upland boots that they no longer make. Warm and waterproof. All rubber and neoprene. Most of the time I wear Irish Setter's.

INDY

FNG
Don't personally own a pair, YET, but have heard nothing but good things about Russels Moccasins for upland hunting.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
The ll bean kangaroo boots are terrible. Mine last two seasons before I had to throw them out.
Replaced them with a pair of Filson leather boots almost 10 years ago. Not kangaroo, but have been great. They are looking rough but still have lots of life left.

JD Jones

WKR
I don’t buy upland boots that are marketed as upland boots. I love my crispi nevadas for damn near every application. I also have a pair of keen utilities that worked nicely this year so far

yfarm

WKR
I believe the Weinbrenner Shoe Co who sells under the Thorogood and Wood N Stream brands made the earlier Cabelas amd Browning Kangaroo boots. They still sell the Kangaroo gore tex boots. They may also manufacture the Orvis kangaroo boots. Dont know about Filson.

OP
J

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Weinbrenner Shoe Co who sells under the Thorogood and Wood N Stream brands made the earlier Cabelas amd Browning Kangaroo boots. They still sell the Kangaroo gore tex boots. They may also manufacture the Orvis kangaroo boots. Dont know about Filson.
Do you know what name or where they sell these?

Thanks

Still rolling my danners after all these years. I have a pair of acadias and a full leather Pair. Both are goretex and have some insulation. They have a boot they call the sierra but it is basically the Acadia with some tweaks. I have also worn my Crispi idahoes In hot weather. I wear upland pants with heavy nylon fronts and no gaiters and find I prefer a higher boot to keep crap out of the tops when upland hunting.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I eventually came to the conclusion that boots marketed as "upland boots" were too flimsy and often kind of cheaply made. I transitioned to more of a mountain boot with a moderately stiff flex rating and with the fit and support they offer are way more comfortable for a full day of walking. I have the uninsulated Crispi Guide and Nevada. I find myself predominantly wearing the shorter Nevada and if the woods and vegetation are wet, I'll wear gaiters. I keep the leather in good condition and have had zero issues with water leaks.