Upgrading Leica RF Binos

I have some Leica Geovids from maybe 5 years ago. I think they are the 2200s. I have though of getting a new set but not sure if anything has really changed with the newer models from an optical standpoint. My priority would be on the optics as they are my primary binos. Has Leica changed anything with the glass on the newer models? Are there units, like maybe Swaro, that are noticeably optically better? Any news on anything new coming to market?

Last edited:

handwerk

WKR
From the optical standpoint if there has been improvements I'm not sure how noticeable they would be.
I am still using my 2015 Geovid HD-R's even after owning and then selling off newer model Geovids as well as the last 2 generations of EL Ranges.
In my case I don't need the onboard ballistics and just like a simpler tool that still offers great optics.

OP
MuleyFever
New question. Is the Tracking assistant on the Swaro or the Leica ProTrack worth it to upgrade? I see a lot of mixed reviews on them.

Weldor

WKR
I went from Leicas to Zeiss with ballistic computer, Lots of new stuff to learn. Not sure on the Swaro's, you don't hear to much about them. My buddy has 2 pair of the Swaro's gen1 gen2, he seems to like them. He rarely says anything about preformance except fog and rain. Optically for my eyes I like the Zeiss a little better.