Newest Leica Geovid R’s

Larkin94

FNG
I’m looking for any feedback on the newest Leica Geovid R’s that just came out. I can’t imagine Leica putting out anything low quality, but I’ve noticed that they are pretty inexpensive compared to most RF Binos… anybody have much experience with them?

Leica has been the leader in rangefinders for a very long time so they trickle down the tech and are able to keep their binos lower priced.

I doubt you'll be upset with your purchase.

I’m looking for any feedback on the newest Leica Geovid R’s that just came out. I can’t imagine Leica putting out anything low quality, but I’ve noticed that they are pretty inexpensive compared to most RF Binos… anybody have much experience with them?

They are good. Very good optically, and the RF is pretty solid to 900-1,000 yards.

I bought a pair on a whim because I wanted a set of rangefinder binos for a while and nrl hunter pushed me to get them.

Rangefinder binos are awesome in general, they worked well at the match and I’m excited to get out and use them in the field.

The rangefinder in them is stupid simple and once I tanging went smoothly once I figured out it’s a 7 o clock on the reticle.

I have the gen2 and it works great. No issues with ranging out to 2000 or so and I do like the simplicity.

Randy

Reviving the thread. There have been a few complaints about reticle intensity not being bright enough. Does anyone have a picture looking through the binos of the reticle?

That's an absurd complaint. I've used mine in all lighting conditions and have always easily seen the reticle

Last edited:
Weird, I actually just checked these out at Scheels a little bit ago cause I'm looking at getting them too.

Clarity was pretty good, and the rangefinder worked well. The reticle did seem a bit dim, but that could be due to it being bright in the store, as they have an autodimmimg/brightening feature for ambient light. Or simply low batteries for a demo unit.

I'm probably still going to get them before season starts though.

Back