Upgrade Honda ATV to power steering?

Can you upgrade a non-steering Honda 500 Foreman that did not come with power steering to power steering? I recently rode a friends that had power steering and MAN, what a difference.

SWOHTR

WKR
What year?

I’ll admit I don’t know. I had a 2000 Foreman Rubicon 500 w/o power steering and I know what you mean.

What I was able to do was add a warn 4wd/2wd disconnect. THAT made a huge difference, almost like having power steering.

This was 15 years ago though.

TxLite

WKR
I’m sure it can be done but not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze. It might be cheaper/easier in the end to sell it and get what you’re wanting. I absolutely adored my 2015 with power steering.

Wrench

WKR
One of my friends did the aftermarket power steering on his polaris with tracks and I did not. HUGE difference. It was about $700 for his kit.

OP
weekender7
Mine is a 2007. I don't use it a lot, mainly only for hunting. I am old and after driving one with power steering would like to have it if possible. I can't see shelling out 10K for a new one.

the one shown above by fmyth is for a SXS, not an ATV.

fmyth

WKR
Mine is a 2007. I don't use it a lot, mainly only for hunting. I am old and after driving one with power steering would like to have it if possible. I can't see shelling out 10K for a new one.

the one shown above by fmyth is for a SXS, not an ATV.
Crap you are correct. You might call Super ATV and see if they have a kit for your machine. If not here is a link to a forum post from a guy that adapted a Can Am kit to an older Honda ATV. The motors are all the same it's the brackets and steering shafts that would need to be modified. https://www.hondaforeman.com/thread...2004-honda-foreman-trx450es-beautiful.312943/

OP
weekender7
Thank you for the link fmyth, I may call that guy. I get different responses from
SuperATV, I called them and the lady said no. I emailed them a different lady said their universal kit would work.

11boo

WKR
Man, just sell yours and buy a used one with. As you learned, PS is a worthy investment. I’ve ridden both, the PS quad first. I thought the non PS machine was broken lol.

OP
weekender7
11boo, I am 69, not rich, handy with my hands still. I had rather ride my old ATV modified on my next hunt than sit at home and look at a new one.