upgrade binos

ZackP

WKR
My vote is the Zeiss Conquests unless you want to spend a bit more on some used SLC's. I have not looked through the Leicas, GPO's, or Mavens. To me the Conquests are a bit better than the Vortex UHD's but everyone's eyes are a bit different.

Agreed. My eyes personally can’t stand the white wash I get with Conquest HD’s.

You’re really splitting hairs at $1000. I also agree with the above that the UHD Razor’s are phenomenal. They can be had used around there.

I have tried and love the B6 Maven, am currently on the B1.2 Maven and love them.

You really can’t go wrong with the Trinovid HD, Maven’s, Monarch HG, Meostar etc.

They are all remarkable for the price.

+1 more for the Monarch HG's. B&H has them used/open box all the time.

None of the options are really better than the others at the price point anymore, just different. Prices have pretty much leveled out and you'll only find one that "punches above its weight class" it fits your personal criteria and makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I like the HG's because they have a very comfortable eye box, wide FOV, and field flattener lenses that really do help with depth of focus. Mine are 8x42's but I feel zero need to upgrade to more expensive glass for my 8's.

GPO passion HD are way underrated. After I bought mine I spent a week glassing for elk beside my partner using Swaro SLC. I would switch back and forth trying to find differences, optically very close to the SLC and solidly built.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A vote for GPO Passion HD in 10x42 here. They are phenomenal.
A close 2nd/3rd is Zeiss Conquest HD, and the Maven B1.2
I think at that price point you would be happy with any of those choices.
I also recommend you talk to Doug at Camera Land. Their knowledge and customer service are excellent.
I have some GPOs and Zeiss if interested.

Paul

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
GPO passion HD are way underrated. After I bought mine I spent a week glassing for elk beside my partner using Swaro SLC. I would switch back and forth trying to find differences, optically very close to the SLC and solidly built.
The Passion HD's are an under known gem. Weak marketing of them has left them out of the mainstream view, however, those that have used them know how amazing they really are.
If you want a truly amazing binocular at a reasonable price look at the Passion HD's

OH_hunter

FNG
Swarovski glass is expensive, no question.. I am a swaro fan - it is all I have used for years, both binos and spotting as well as riflescopes. That being said, I have many older Leupold scopes that I have never had an issue with. I have both 10x42 and 15x50 SLCs - for me it was take the big hit once for each set and I'll have them the rest of my life. Worth the investment in my opinion.

Not everything qualifies under the "get what you pay for" adage but optics always has to me.. I bit the BIG bullet and stepped up to a Swarovski DS Gen II for my mountain hunts. A Marco Polo hunt is way too expensive to risk to lesser optics (and I dont want to have to dial)... I also have Leupolds and Vortex and Trijicons that I like and use but when shit gets serious - I fall back on the best in the business - Swaro (for me), Ziess, S&B and even Leupold in some cases...

I fail to understand this Huskemaw craze.. to me it is all marketing. They pop onto the scene in 2006, jump in bed with a long range rifle builder and all of a sudden they are better than optics companies founded nearly 75 years ago and Ive had guys swear that fact to me....

I'm putting my faith in the manufacturers that have been around for many decades for the glass I take around the world...

Just some thoughts from a new guy...

Kirk185

FNG
I would like to know where please! You won’t find any for under $1k
My bad... should've mentioned used market. SLCs models have been around for decades e.g. habichts. Agree, new SLCs are well above $1k. I have the 10x42 SLCs from mid 90's and continue to enjoy them even along side my modern binos of less weight and better coatings.