upgrade binos

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have quite a few open Box pairs. Some Vortex, Leica, Zeiss, Athlon, etc I have used and played with just about every pair of binos in the world. I would put the Leica Trinidad tops in the 1K range if you take into account glass, size egronomics, weight, focus wheel, eye cups etc. Zeiss Conquest are a bit more bulky. www.happyantelope.com

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There’s great options available in that price. Please give us a call 516-217-1000 to discuss what would be best for you and special opportunities

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Alot of good advice here and many options in the 1K range. I would go with either used SLC or refurbished Vortex UHD in this same price range. The UHD's receive alot of criticism here, but they are optically among the finest in the world IMHO. I am a used optics dealer and compare alot of high end optics. I tend to agree with the Backwoods Pursuit analysis as well. They show the UHD's second only to the best in the business. Vortex warranty is second to none.

has530

Lil-Rokslider
My two favorite at that price point are the kowa genesis and meopta meostar.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
A vote for GPO Passion HD in 10x42 here. They are phenomenal.
A close 2nd/3rd is Zeiss Conquest HD, and the Maven B1.2
I think at that price point you would be happy with any of those choices.
I also recommend you talk to Doug at Camera Land. Their knowledge and customer service are excellent.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

My 10x42 dbacks are now for whitetails. Just went with vortex 12x50 razor hd. For the west. $900.

Marble

WKR
If you’re looking to upgrade, go straight to alpha glass or you’ll just want to upgrade again. Look for used 10x or 8x SLC’s
Yep! Save your money until you can get an alpha pair and you'll never have to deal with it again.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to know where please! You won’t find any for under $1k
You won't  likely find an SLC HD for under $1k, although it's definitely not out of the question. I bought (and sold) a clean 8x42 SLC HD for $1100 recently. The older SLC WB and SLC Neu often sell for well under $1000.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
My vote is the Zeiss Conquests unless you want to spend a bit more on some used SLC's. I have not looked through the Leicas, GPO's, or Mavens. To me the Conquests are a bit better than the Vortex UHD's but everyone's eyes are a bit different.