Unit 23 Wyoming antelope

montee77

FNG
Just curious if anyone has hunted unit 23 antelope? How accessible is the public land

FURMAN

WKR
Access is not great just as stated on the Wyoming website. There are large chunks not accessible at all. The pressure will be extremely high on what is available. It will most likely be a little better than in the past because Wyoming made a bunch of the tags in the unit private land only. I would say if you see a mature buck you need to shoot it.

Murdy

WKR
I'm no expert (only been out west hunting once), but I'd consider skipping opening day and going later in the season, especially during the week. I was in 16, which is next-door/kitty-corner from 23 a couple years ago, and didn't bump into too many people on public, did see antelopes, and had a few chances to harvest one (which I screwed up for various reasons). Not sure if this is good advice if you're looking for a trophy, but if you just want to get one, I'd consider it.

cdods

FNG
43 is a good area. As has been stated the land access isn't the greatest, however there is plenty to be had. The best points of access are in the north end along I-90 and on the south western end along hwy 192 near linch. theres a big walk in area in the northern end of the section. Plan on doing some walking as the sections you can get to are big and crowded. Also, deer season starts the same day so I'd go the last few days of season.

Last edited:

gaustin70

FNG
In the newcomer (didn't know any better) boat with two doe tags Type 7 (doe for private land only) for Area 23 in WY and looking for a place to hunt a doe 910-297-2089. A long shot it appears, but would rather not just trash these tags since me and my buddy are going to WY to hunt Mule Deer anyway

BowBaboon

FNG
Do you guys realize we are not supposed to post hunting area numbers?
Seeing as how this person joined this morning then posted these questions regarding a specific unit 20 minutes later, I’d venture to guess they didn’t bother to read the rules.