UM Tikka Bubble Level

Jim Row

FNG
Classified Approved
I tolerate it. Seems so fragile but so far so good. The miniscule torque spec scares me.

I prefer the integrated level on my XLR chassis the most ( [mention]Unknown Munitions [/mention] [mention]Stockys [/mention] for Rokstock 2.0!), Followed by the top ring cap Night force version ( [mention]Unknown Munitions [/mention] for UM Tikka rings!).

At this point I just run it over any other standard bubble clamp style for looks. I like my green one better than blue for visibility.
Do you notice that the Xlr and UM level are different. I mounted up a new scope on Xlr element chasis and the UM bubble and the Xlr are off a bit. Now I’m trying to figure out which one is off.

I ended up mounting mine by the forward ring as I did not have enough space on the rear with where I wanted my scope (trijicon credo). As someone who has started to need reading glasses I would agree that it is hard to see clearly if your near vision is not great. Not a fault of the design so much as something I had not considered. But having it more forward does allow me to tell if I am canted, even if it is not totally in focus.

I did like it for the scope mounting process, but there are other ways to go about that as well.

Do you notice that the Xlr and UM level are different. I mounted up a new scope on Xlr element chasis and the UM bubble and the Xlr are off a bit. Now I’m trying to figure out which one is off.

Tikka?

The issue with Tikkas and XLR that they don't advertise is that you have to grind down the bolt release retaining pin a bit so it doesn't contact the chassis and result in your action being canted high on that side. You'll see a small simple in the chassis but it's inadequate.

XLR claims Tikka spec on that pin is unpredictable and unmanageable but I think they have plenty of meat to deepen their dimple. Kind of bugged me...