Ultraview bow sight

NMJM

FNG
I bought the sight and absolutely love it. People will always hate on higher priced products they can’t afford or make their current equipment look like a crushed soda can.
The flip side of this is, does anyone else ever feel duped by the advertisers and influencers when they come out with a new (highest priced) item? Whether it is a $600 sight, $500 jacket, $800 pack, are any of these products truly better than others at half the price? Advertising psychology is fascinating, especially when we are choosing items for a hobby we all love so much and tags are so limited. It is easy to believe spending that extra money might make a difference in filling that OIL tag. But does it really? Maybe people aren't hating on a product they can't afford but don't see the value at these crazy prices.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Don’t think it has anything to do with people can’t afford it so they bash it. I can’t afford a lambo but I’m sure not gonna bash it. Maybe they understand you don’t need any of this over priced stuff to kill animals. One of my uncles still hunt in blue jeans and flannel shirts if he uses a tree stand it’s a climber he built himself looks super sketchy or he will literally sit on a tree branch with his 30+ year old bow and this man kills more deer then most any celebrity hunter. He can also afford anything he wants and pay cash. In his mind he don’t need Sitka or a UV site to do what he has been doing for 50+ years without it. He retired from the army and now retired from some oil and gas company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kularrow

WKR
I seriously don’t understand paying $600 for a Ultraview when you can buy a Blackgold which does the same exact thing, if not better for half the price.

Last edited:

JrCaps

FNG
I am done with Ultraview. Their CS is horrid, not sure why everyone on the forums raves about it. I purchased the 3 pin hunting cartridge when it was released early in 2023 with the intentions of swapping out one my of bow’s Axcel scopes for a UV3XL with the 3 pin cartridge.

About a month ago I ordered the 3XL SE scope with a one of their Blackout button releases. I shot the release for a week and really liked it other than the half inch it added to my draw length. I mounted the new scope on my Landslyde sight mount, and proceeded to insert the cartridge. After placing it in the housing once I noticed a few hairline cracks on the cartridge housing. Which got my thinking why they wouldn’t make this housing out of steel or aluminum like Axcel, HHA, Spott Hogg, and Black Gold do?

Upon seeing this I contacted Ultraview, I just wanted the cartridge replaced or fixed not a refund. They make you text a number and this is how they communicate with you. I was told the cartridge was out of warranty and that the cracks were caused by me as they could see screw mounts on the cartridge where the cracks were. I informed them that I only installed the cartridge once into the housing and never was there enough pressure applied anywhere to cause these cracks.

I tried returning the 3XL SE scope back to UV but it was past their “14 day” return period. The two Blackout Buttons I bought from Scheels both have since been returned. I’ve got a UV 3XL SE paperweight if anyone wants it. Go back to making 3D release Funky Fingers, UV/Kolby team. Charging a premium price on products with subpar material and designs is a dick move. I always make an effort to support American companies, but when this is the treatment you get on a $80 cartridge, I would hate to be going to UV with an issue on one of their more costly products.

Anyone thinking of buying one of these new UV sights- I implore you go to a shop and hold a HHA Tetra, Axcel , Black Gold or a Spott Hogg sight and compare it to the UV. They are all built like tanks except for the UV, and it is priced higher than all.

Last edited:
Usually you have to sift through a lot of opinions to find value on a forum, so your actual experiences are helpful. Thank you.

And I felt it when someone raised the point about advertising. Good gear makes it more enjoyable, but I have to check myself quite often.

I am done with Ultraview. Their CS is horrid, not sure why everyone on the forums raves about it. I purchased the 3 pin hunting cartridge when it was released early in 2023 with the intentions of swapping out one my of bow’s Axcel scopes for a UV3XL with the 3 pin cartridge.

About a month ago I ordered the 3XL SE scope with a one of their Blackout button releases. I shot the release for a week and really liked it other than the half inch it added to my draw length. I mounted the new scope on my Landslyde sight mount, and proceeded to insert the cartridge. After placing it in the housing once I noticed a few hairline cracks on the cartridge housing. Which got my thinking why they wouldn’t make this housing out of steel or aluminum like Axcel, HHA, Spott Hogg, and Black Gold do?

Upon seeing this I contacted Ultraview, I just wanted the cartridge replaced or fixed not a refund. They make you text a number and this is how they communicate with you. I was told the cartridge was out of warranty and that the cracks were caused by me as they could see screw mounts on the cartridge where the cracks were. I informed them that I only installed the cartridge once into the housing and never was there enough pressure applied anywhere to cause these cracks.

I tried returning the 3XL SE scope back to UV but it was past their “14 day” return period. The two Blackout Buttons I bought from Scheels both have since been returned. I’ve got a UV 3XL SE paperweight if anyone wants it. Go back to making 3D release Funky Fingers, UV/Kolby team. Charging a premium price on products with subpar material and designs is a dick move. I always make an effort to support American companies, but when this is the treatment you get on a $80 cartridge, I would hate to be going to UV with an issue on one of their more costly products.

Anyone thinking of buying one of these new UV sights- I implore you go to a shop and hold a HHA Tetra, Axcel , Black Gold or a Spott Hogg sight and compare it to the UV. They are all built like tanks except for the UV, and it is priced higher than all.
I will take the UV 3xl SE.

WCB

WKR
The key word that the OP didn't highlight in this is "extreme ". As in extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme rain, etc. You take it to the Arctic and drop it and it breaks I'd be willing to guess they wouldn't cover it. 99.99% of hunting conditions aren't what one would consider extreme.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
What is extreme cold? Do they give are will the give you an operating temperature range of their sights? I could see heat due to people leaving them in a vehicle which is getting well above outside temp. But I have bow hunted ND when it is -20F is that extreme? Been in a blizzard where it is snowing inches an hour with 30+mph winds...how does that effect the sight besides getting snow built up on it? Elk hunting I've been caught in a 30minute monsoon? Sight can't handle a little moisture? Thing is used outside in conditions out of the normal for most products.

Selling a $600 bow sight claiming it is the best and then barring it in situations when a guy would literally want the best seems like a sh!t model.

Not defending their warranty outline for this product (I have the UV slider on my V3X and hope I never have a warranty claim), but I’ve twice used their customer service for other product, and chatted with a rep via email other times. It’s been excellent in both scenarios. Quick responses, satisfactory result. I’d be feel confident in contacting them if I had a true warranty claim.

Wouldn’t deem myself a “fan boy”, but putting a plug in for them on that front as there’s some negative feedback in the thread. Plus, the slider sight hasn’t left a shred of disappointment in me yet, which I can’t say of others in the price tier. (Dialed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk