Two goats, one week!

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Went to B.C. with my cousin on his goat hunt and nailed a nice one on the 9th day of a 10 day hunt. Then raced home 21 hours and guided Gerry to his once in a life time Washington Mtn. goat. Oh yeah, and we threw in a moose too, just for fun. Was a very busy and exciting two weeks, I'm exhausted, but would do it again in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0295.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0277.jpg
    DSC_0277.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 185

Jon Boy

WKR
Way to go Ty! Some fine animals there. I was at the wolf pack camp this week up bumping river road. Lee, Ray and Tim were wondering about you. Stop on in next year ill probably be there again.

Craig4791

WKR
Three awesome hunts in a row! Sounds like a blast! Congrats on the success.

OP
norsepeak

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys...been a fun season so far. My cousin's B.C. goat was a tough hunt from the respect that we got weathered out 8 out of 9 days and couldn't even find a billy that was huntable. We saw some good billies, but just couldn't get to them. The day we killed was awesome, caught a weather break and decided to go up a pass. As we unloaded the ATV to go over the pass, I spotted two billies on different mountains from the truck. We looked the first one and determined that it was not doable. The second one looked very doable, so off we went. We rode up the powerline cut as far as we could, packed light and took off hiking from there. Two and a half hours later we broke out into the alpine and snuck up to 370 yard of the billy lying down. Cousin dialed his 300 WTBY in and waited for the wind to die down. First shot nailed him in his bed, but he put a second one in for good measure. It was an awesome hunt that he or I will ever forget.

Client's hunt was cool too. We went up the day before to a particular mtn. and found a great billy and put him to bed. First thing the next morning we were up there glassing, but couldn't find him again. We did see about 15 goats though...so we bailed off the mtn. and down to the bottom, and went up another mtn. and started hiking in. Only made it about a half mile before we started seeing goats. We got up into a great basin and spotted a lone billy across the basin feeding. I put the spotter on him and determined that he was a solid billy. Client said 'that'll work" so off we go. We got to about 650 yard and client said he was not comfortable with the shot so we kept working towards the billy. We ran out of good cover at 425 yards. Client said he was good with the distance, but we had a strong crosswind to deal with. So we took our time and spend about 10 min. getting comfortable and ready for the shot. In the meantime, the billy laid down facing us, but quarter a bit giving us the front shoulder. Apparently we misjudged the wind..I told him to hold a minute and a half, but the first three shots whiffed...goat jumped up and turned broadside...wham, fourth shot is a charm...good hit. We gave him about a half hour and snuck over to the brush he was in..one final shot and the client had his OIL Wa. goat. It was a great hunt, and he was very deserving, been putting in for 19 straight years and has two hip replacements and 73 years old.