Two 338's, selling one

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I've been cleaning out the safe and assorted storage places of excess and duplicate guns. I had three 3338's and traded the Remington as part of a several gun trade. I'm left with a Browning A-Bolt II in synthetic stock. What little I have shot it, I find that it shoots well. The other one is in a Winchester Model 70 in Stainless Synthetic. I bought this used and haven't even had a scope on it. Picked it up at a Scheel's store as it was priced so I couldn't pass it up.

I don't have any other Browning high powers and I have 3 other model 70's so my preference is to keep the Winchester. What do you think? If my brother doesn't buy one this weekend, the one I am selling will be at a local gun show next weekend.

Thanks for the input.

Cruddy

FNG
keeper

Keep the Winchester. You already know why. If I didn't already own that exact rifle - I'd probably have told you different and thrown you an offer.

Mike

SDHNTR

WKR
I'm interested in the Winnie! If you decide to sell let me be first in line please. Might be interested in the Browning too for the right price.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks guys. Grabbed the Browning on the way to SD to shoot pheasants. My brother bought it with the scope on. He plans on taking his son to Africa when he graduates from engineering school next year. The 338 should work great for that. Now I need to put a scope on the Winnie. I have a 4.5-14 with a Boone & Crockett reticle not being used that will be the likely choice. Really liked the Weaver Super Slam 2-10 that had put on the Browning though. Todd