Turkey success pic thread!

dtrkyman

WKR
511e94e4fe3f0a35f61d18bd73b2af5a.jpg

Colorado day 2, let's see em boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Opening morning Merriam's tom today. Sweet talked this guy right in.

There was a bigger guy that was literally mounting a hen nearby when I shot this gobbler. First time I've ever seen that, the breeding went on for about three minutes, surprising. Chickens are done in seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_8241.JPG
    IMG_8241.JPG
    613.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8238.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG
    643.8 KB · Views: 76

UncleBone

WKR
511e94e4fe3f0a35f61d18bd73b2af5a.jpg

Colorado day 2, let's see em boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any general tips for a guy new to mountain birds? General elevation to look around maybe? Gonna try and get out tomorrow, but I havent turkey hunted for a few years, and all my experience is in Missouri. Got boots and legs though, and willing to put them to work.

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
Thats awesome!! I got my first turkey with a shotgun last year..this year I am trying with my bow. What type of broadheads did you use?
Dude the first year I committed to bow hunting turkeys I didn't kill one, went back to shotgun the last 2 seasons, now finally killed one with an arrow. That bird felt earned.

I used a Sevr head. It's the only expandable I trust at the moment.

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Any general tips for a guy new to mountain birds? General elevation to look around maybe? Gonna try and get out tomorrow, but I havent turkey hunted for a few years, and all my experience is in Missouri. Got boots and legs though, and willing to put them to work.

It really depends on the time of year and how bad the winter was. This year the birds in my area are incredibly low because of all the late snow. My suggestion is find where they roost and the start low and hike up. Also don’t be afraid to go above the snow line. The last two years I’ve shot my turkey in areas that still had a lot of patches of snow.