Turkey Blinds

OP
Beaglegun

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
I make my own 'blind' every season....from today:
No way could you kill a bird in KY from that blind in the wide open like that! Turkey hunting out west is waaay more fun. Birds are way less spooky. I got at least 7 gobblers on my farm and I haven't killed a bird and it looks as if I will skunk!!! 2 weeks of hunting.

After the first 2 days, birds dont come to calls. They stay 150 yds away and gobble. Only way to kill them is to put a guy on each side of him when he's gobbling. One guy calls and pushes the gobbling bird towards the other guy who knows exactly where he is. I hate KY turkeys! :mad::mad::mad:

But I refuse to sit in a pop up blind all day and If a bird stops gobbling, I find one that is. Probably my own worst enemy but its more fun

I shot at one that was to far and I coulda killed a few jakes.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
No way could you kill a bird in KY from that blind in the wide open like that! Turkey hunting out west is waaay more fun. Birds are way less spooky. I got at least 7 gobblers on my farm and I haven't killed a bird and it looks as if I will skunk!!! 2 weeks of hunting.

After the first 2 days, birds dont come to calls. They stay 150 yds away and gobble. Only way to kill them is to put a guy on each side of him when he's gobbling. One guy calls and pushes the gobbling bird towards the other guy who knows exactly where he is. I hate KY turkeys! :mad::mad::mad:

But I refuse to sit in a pop up blind all day and If a bird stops gobbling, I find one that is. Probably my own worst enemy but its more fun

I shot at one that was to far and I coulda killed a few jakes.
I absolutely believe you on that.
It's fun to be able to hunt semi-wary birds, they're not ridiculous to where they are almost un-huntable. I know some of you guys deal with that and it's a testament of a quality turkey hunter to seal the deal!
Honestly I wouldn't hunt in an enclosed blind either, it would feel wrong.

Last edited:

Dirtbag

WKR
Bow only for me and for sure use them. DB Matrix, Darkhorse. My Matrix is nearing it's end. Not sure what to replace it with?
Look at Rhino blinds. Full 180 transparent material and they are coming out with a low hub so you can shoot out of them easier.
Full door as well.

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Rhino blinds. Full 180 transparent material and they are coming out with a low hub so you can shoot out of them easier.
Full door as well.
I'll check them out as well. Strongly looking at the Barronett Ox 4. Damn near ordered one last week.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I'll check them out as well. Strongly looking at the Barronett Ox 4. Damn near ordered one last week.
I use the barronett ox 5.... I now have 3 of them...but I hunt with a recurve and love the extra space. Plenty of room for hunter and camera guy.. fit my dad and son in there with no issues.

Honyock

WKR
I usually don't use a blind but they sure are nice on a rainy day. I set two out in prime locations so they are available if the rain hits. For some reason every weekend here so far has been stormy.