Tuning vs. super tuning?

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Yoke tune to remove came lean at full draw, if you don't you'll constantly battle left or right tears. After you've done that fine tune your rest.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a nock left tear which side do you tighten? Thanks

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
You yoke tune to get rid of tears, not taking cam lean out.

I'm not an expert, but I would think that if you've got cam lean at full draw your string is constantly going to bend when the string returns to it's rested position, which is why he'd have left or right tears, yes? Hence why you'd want to eliminate came lean at full draw by yoke tuning.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
If you have a nock left tear which side do you tighten? Thanks

Like I said, not an expert, but you'd twist up the side the tear is on and the opposite for the opposite yoke.

jmez

WKR
Then you move your rest to correct left/right tears and either your rest or nocking point to correct high/low tears.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Then you move your rest to correct left/right tears and either your rest or nocking point to correct high/low tears.

Yes, as long as your cams are timed and synched. Also improper DL can impact tears.

what if you have your rest extremely in or out to get a good tear.. also if both cams are leaning the same direction can you fix it by putting in or taking out the same amount of twists on both cams?

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
what if you have your rest extremely in or out to get a good tear.. also if both cams are leaning the same direction can you fix it by putting in or taking out the same amount of twists on both cams?

If it is a binary, you won't be able to do much to fix cam lean. It comes with that type of cam system, so are much worse than others. Only way to really reduce it is by shimming, which can be tricky and only for the advanced. My New Breed has very minimal lean for a binary, but my Strother had terrible lean. Both shot well, but the New Breed has been the first binary that I could get really good bare shaft flight out to 30 yards.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
2 track cams are set, there is no real tuning options aside from rest and nocking point, like a couple of others had mentioned above. Some systems have way more lean than others. Elite was notorious for cam lean but I think they have corrected that here lately and are pretty sweet. New breed has very little. Others are better, others are worse. Obsession has some but isn't too bad. The key in going that route is to have the correct shaft/spine and the correct DL. Those two items are paramount unless you want to get into shimming axles and swapping crap around like that. My new breeds seem to shoot pretty sweet bullet holes as long as I am in factory spec.

vcb

WKR
I don't think I was super tuning. My sequence I did was set DL, set DW, ( make sure your arrow set up is in spine....arrow software helps) check cam lean, sync cams, set center shot of rest, paper tune, walk back tune then broadhead tune. I finally can do these things now that I have a press, draw board, scale, bow holder and tools:). I would consider this standard tuning