Tucson / Nogales Help or Donation

When I read your post, I ask myself "did he understand what the OP was saying?" He will be in Tucson for days after the hunt, without a way to freeze the meat. And what "buddies" do you speak of?

Not trying to be rude, but perhaps endeavor to understand what is posted, before responding.
I read it just fine. The use of words like “our bounty” “we have decided to fly” made me assume that there is more than one person involved in this hunt. I realize that the only ones going could be OP and his son plus maybe one more person with having the possibility of 3 deer. It gets pretty cold at night in the desert in November which I assume is when high school football semi finals and
Possibly state championship will be. Also, always a possibility to debone the meat and have a processor freeze it quick, place in a cooler, tape it closed, check as extra baggage, fly home. Still put frozen jugs of water in the cooler when he gets home. Can process it a week or more later.

Dos XX

WKR
Also, if you are interested, there are processors near Tucson that will process your meat and ship it to you.

I had to have a fedex or ups shipping number, but that is very easy to setup online

OMG, Leave the dude alone. He's doing everything right, just trying to give the meat away. Quit acting like a bunch of whiny ass Democrats. Holy shit.
Not bein a whiny ass Democrat. Been a Republican and voted Republican since I was 18. Just trying to understand why OP wouldn’t bring the meat home when there are many perfectly good options to bring it home easily. Many, many hunters fly out all over North America and Canada every year and bring meat home on airplanes. I also said that it’s good that he is trying to find people who want the meat.

TxxAgg

WKR
Haha some of yall must be a hoot at parties.

Nothing wrong with the OP's plan. 99% of people hunt because it's fun, not because they "need" the meat. He's being proactive.

I live in Sahuarita (South of Tucson) and would be willing to take the meat and get it processed. Shoot i may even be on the same hunt for coues as you!

OP
passinggas33
I have to admit, I didn’t think this was going to be such a polarizing topic. I eat game, I’ve shared game with those in need, but one thing I’ve never done is wasted game. Ever. So I’m just simply trying to have a plan in place to prevent that from happening. I’m trying to teach that to my son. Have a plan in place BEFORE you go out there and shoot something. And that plan should never include wasting it. And in this situation, OUR plan is to share it with others. I’m a firm believer that shooting something, and then trying to figure out “what’s next?”, is the worst plan possible. Some may not agree with our plan, and that’s okay. But this is the decision that we have made and are okay with. I’m sorry if that bothers some people. But again, for us, in this situation, at this time in our lives, this is the decision that we are making.

Regardless, thanks again to all for reaching out to offer help and assistance, as well as to those that are willing to accept some of the game meat (if we are lucky enough to harvest some animals).