TS Custom KS1 stock reviews

Badseed

WKR
Is anybody running the KS1 stock? How does it compare to manners or mcmillians? Overall thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Im surprised nobody has experience with these stocks. The biggest advantage of them is that they are available now. A manners eh1 is about a year out!

jth7186

FNG
Is anybody running the KS1 stock? How does it compare to manners or mcmillians? Overall thoughts?

I have both short action and long action versions. I prefer them over the Manners LRH for a couple reasons. One, it is immaculately bedded for Impact actions. The LRH either has a mini chassis or you bed it yourself or pay someone to do it. I don’t like the screw holding the mini chassis on each side of the stock (I’m vain). Second, the stock just feels balanced better, meaning it starts out balanced versus the LRH that feels a little ass heavy to me. Third, I really like the full length rail that is basically designed into the stock from the get go. A short rail section like the LRH has is also an option If that’s your preference.

I don’t know if a comparison to McMillan is fair, Im not sure there is really an apples to apples model comparison. Definitely not comparable to the Game Warden line, which I have. The Game Warden is narrower and heavier and most differently for this comparison, the forearm section is rounded like a traditional hunting stock where the KS1 is flat (probably a carryover from competitive shooting where flat forearms proved their worth).

Anyway, in my opinion the KS1 stocks are preferable over the LRH (and the LRH preferable over anything McMillan offers). Both the KS1 and LRH are very nice and mate beautiful with Hawkins Hunter bottom metal.

the hack

WKR
I just got one and love it! I have a Manners LRH. In short, I prefer the KS1 as the distance between the trigger and grip is smaller and the palm swell is smaller. I like the compact form factor over the LRH.

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
I’m leaning towards TSC for my next build; 20” 7PRC with that stock.

the hack

WKR
I’m leaning towards TSC for my next build; 20” 7PRC with that stock.
I just got my 300 WSM, Lone Peak and Benchmark rig from Travis. His work and communication is second to none!

Attachments

• 20240720_130335.jpg
    20240720_130335.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 28