Truck Spotter - What’s your pick?

OutdoorAg

WKR
- Straight. Bc window mount.

- Easy eye relief. Bc you can’t always get perfectly behind the glass like you would seated/standing with a pod.

- Somewhat durable. Bc tossed on dash and driven around.

- For locating open country deer.

- Budget…not getting used very often, so not spending alpha money. But want something that will resale incase I choose to upgrade.

What’s your pick?

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I would pick a spotter I'd use in the truck or packing in. Kowa 774. Cheaper in the long run than two separate spotters. No need to upgrade.

The only thing it's lacking is an eyepiece with a mil scale. But most people don't want that anyway.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
I would pick a spotter I'd use in the truck or packing in. Kowa 774. Cheaper in the long run than two separate spotters. No need to upgrade.

The only thing it's lacking is an eyepiece with a mil scale. But most people don't want that anyway.

Body durability good enough?

I had a bad experience with a Nikon fieldscope that had popped in half after getting tossed around a bit.

The kowa’s look to have a similar non armored, thinner walled construction? Or are they stronger than they look

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Body durability good enough?

I had a bad experience with a Nikon fieldscope that had popped in half after getting tossed around a bit.

The kowa’s look to have a similar non armored, thinner walled construction? Or are they stronger than they look
I use a neoprene cover on mine. I haven't had any durability issues.

I'd say Meopta S2 for the ideal truck spotter. Great glass quality, and the weight doesn't matter. Meopta has great durability and warranty, and they can be found cheaper than the Kowa.

I have an old Bushnell 10-30 stalker. It lives in my truck with my 10x42 Vortex diamondbacks. Both have stood up well to gravel roads ,etc.

Redthies

FNG
My kid bought an older Nikon 15-45 at a garage sale for $20 and gave it to me. Same model on fleaBay is running $250-$350. Optics are typically good Japanese Nikon.