Truck Camping recommendations

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about selling my Cabelas Alaknak 12x12 tent to get a little bit smaller, and simpler/quicker to set up. thoughts on good alternatives?
Things I am considering, Springbar tents, Hilleberg red label free standing, Davis single pole tent, Montana Range tent, ???

Looking at using this tent for solo weekend trips with the dogs. I am on the fence for a stove or not a stove. I
currently have a Seek Cimeron, and a Davis 14x16, so looking for a middle ground. I don't like the idea of camps/tents that are attached to the truck, I prefer to throw down shop and take off from a base location.
I looked through a search of the forum and mostly found tents people are keeping attached to trucks. Thoughts on other brand/tents to research?
View attachment 509941
I use the 10'X14' Kodiak each fall in Utah where temps reach about 25 for a low. I'm usually alone so there is tons of room to spread my gear out, I could probably get by with the 10x10. The tent takes about 20 minutes to set up by myself. When it looks like it may be cold I bring a big Buddy heater hooked up to a 20lb. propane bottle. I usually leave the door and a window cracked for fresh air. Best 10 days of the year.