Tru ball G.O.A.T long term use questions

Jon_G

WKR
For those of you who have used this release for a long time now, what do you think of it?

I bought one yesterday. I came home and found many positive reviews. However, on the lancasterarchery.com. website I found a few negative reviews. One guy said he has had to send it to tru ball 3 times. Another person said they could not get the hook to stay after 2 shots. One review elsewhere said the same thing. That it was the 2nd goat they owned and the hook didn't last more than a few months before it would no longer hold in place.

I was ready to buy 2 releases. One hinge for the range and a thumb button for hunting. I was of course happy to find this as I only had to buy one release to do it all. I was going to buy the new Tru ball trident pro flex and the hbc hinge also from tru ball. I want to stay within the same company for both releases to have as little variation as possible when switching between both. Now I'm concerned I will use it and no longer be able to return it if it breaks on me. What do ya'll think?!?

Marble

WKR
Had mine since 2019. Shot it in hinge and button form.

Two thing I have had issues with.

1. When I first got it the hook was actually frozen in place. Ginally got it loose and all was well.

2. One week archery elk huntingin the backcountry and the button wouldn't engage everytime. Ended up needing to be cleaned and adjusted.

Haven't had a problem since. It is my back up now. I have another that I prefer to hunt with.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Thanks for the information. What do you hunt with now?

Marble

WKR
TRU BALL Blade.

I really like it. The lanyard works better than what i was doing with the GOAT.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk