Trouble finding a tikka

Ehiggins

WKR
Trying to find a basic right handed T3x lite stainless in 6.5 PRC but can’t find almost anything besides the veil or roughtech. Am I missing something or are the basic lite stainless models hard to find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried as well. From what I can find, it is on the tikka website but probably isn't something that is actually imported. The roughtech is the closest you can get here it seems like, unfortunately.

OP
Ehiggins

Ehiggins

WKR
I'm not sure basic lite is sold in 6.5 PRC

Maybe basic is the right term, but this is what I’m looking for.
ce89d74c7e2a121a510f45b4c4ae516d.jpg

Maybe basic is the right term, but this is what I’m looking for.
ce89d74c7e2a121a510f45b4c4ae516d.jpg

do a search on gun.deals site and these are your options for US.eurooptic also has the sako s20 6.5prc for 999 but its a little heavier than a t3x lite

Screenshot 2023-12-03 12.49.53 PM.png

OP
Ehiggins

Ehiggins

WKR
Ok so if that model isn’t imported what I’m trying to end up with is a stainless action and stainless 20” threaded (5/8x24) 6.5 prc barrel that isn’t a boat anchor. What’s the best place to start?

Ok so if that model isn’t imported what I’m trying to end up with is a stainless action and stainless 20” threaded (5/8x24) 6.5 prc barrel that isn’t a boat anchor. What’s the best place to start?

You could rebarrel (Preferred build you a prefit and will rebarrel for 6-700 if you send them your action) a stainless 300 win mag or 7mag action (720ish new) to 6.5 PRC as they have the magnum bolt faces. Or get one of the 6.5 prc roughtech veils from locked and loaded for 1150 and cut and thread frm a local smith. Why do you want 6.5 prc so bad 6.5 cm still will get you 900+ yds at 8k feet with 147s with a lot less recoil go look up the 6.5 cm kill thread

OP
Ehiggins

Ehiggins

WKR
You could rebarrel (Preferred build you a prefit and will rebarrel for 6-700 if you send them your action) a stainless 300 win mag or 7mag action (720ish new) to 6.5 PRC as they have the magnum bolt faces. Or get one of the 6.5 prc roughtech veils from locked and loaded for 1150 and cut and thread frm a local smith. Why do you want 6.5 prc so bad 6.5 cm still will get you 900+ yds at 8k feet with 147s with a lot less recoil go look up the 6.5 cm kill thread

I’ve read through most of the .223/6mm threads and have accepted that a magnum .30 is unnecessary, especially at any range I’m likely to ever shoot. But for some reason the little extra oomph of the 6.5 prc over 6.5cm makes me feel better about using the smaller caliber.

sveltri

WKR
6.5 PRC is a great do it all cartridge, others will definitely work at less recoil. If not PRC I’d go 6CM or .243 for a do it all. Mostly driven by Colorado’s minimum caliber requirements.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
as others have stated, that "basic" model doesn't exist in the states in 6.5 PRC. find yourself any magnum tikka on a used rack and then get a 6.5 PRC barrel stuck on it. but at that cost and effort, i'd just buy a roughtech and be done with it.

OP
Ehiggins

Ehiggins

WKR
I’d just buy a lite veil alpine model from Euro Optic. They’re on sale plus an additional $75 rebate from Tikka. I think it takes it down to like $1,180. Sell the stock, chop the barrel and thread and be done.

I didn’t think there would be enough meat to thread on the fluted barrel? If there is then that sounds like a winner.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I didn’t think there would be enough meat to thread on the fluted barrel? If there is then that sounds like a winner.

Some gunsmiths may shy away from it. On Tikka and Sakos barrels, in my experience it’s not been an issue at all cutting at the flutes and threading.

amassi

WKR

Tikka lite in 6.5 creedmoor
Have your gunsmith ream the chamber and open bolt face

OP
Ehiggins

Ehiggins

WKR
Yeah but at that point your into the same cost as a rough tech

The roughtech would be fine except a 24” barrel plus a can is going to be pretty long. Thats why I was looking for something to cut to 20”.