Trophy Ridge React 5 Sighting Issues

Hey Yall,

Just had a quick question regarding my Trophy Ridge React 5-pin sight. As the title suggests, I took the bow out this morning shooting a 65lb PSE, 28-29 inch draw length, 340 spine Gold Tip Hunters, and 100-grain field tips. I know I am supposed to sight in the 20-pin by moving the whole housing using micro-adjustments.

While shooting at 20 yards, my arrows were shooting high at about 6-8 inches over. Since my arrows were shooting high, I knew I had to move my housing up. After moving my housing up to follow the arrow, I noticed that the next few arrows shot were still too high, but my housing was maxed out on height. Any shots I was getting on target at 20 yards were grouping perfectly fine, but I had to aim way low.

As a test, I used the 20-pin to shoot out to 40 and 50 yards while aiming a few inches low from the center and was still hitting high (but this time I was actually hitting the target). I didn't even get to touch the 30-60 pins using the react system trophy ridge has implemented into the sight due to this 20 yard elevation issue.

What is going on with this sight And what could I be doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
what could I be doing wrong?

It's a bow, so the ways to screw up are infinite. Do you have a peep sight? Is your anchor consistent? Can you post a picture of how the sight is mounted?

Some pse bows have multiple sight mounting height options, if yours is one move the whole thing up to the highest option.

OP
T
It's a bow, so the ways to screw up are infinite. Do you have a peep sight? Is your anchor consistent? Can you post a picture of how the sight is mounted?

Some pse bows have multiple sight mounting height options, if yours is one move the whole thing up to the highest option.
I do understand there can be human error in every shot, however, I am being as consistent as I can be in terms of anchor points, release, etc.

My sight is mounted at the highest point it can. I will update this post with photos tomorrow when I can!

Thank you for your reply!