Tripod glassing tac table setup

Ironoperator87

FNG
Classified Approved
Anyone using a spotter, LRF bino, and bag to shoot off of ( or any of the sort) all on a tac table mounted to a tripod for backcountry hunting? Seems like it would be efficient to have the spotter and lrf/ lrf bino co whitnessed along with a shooting bag for when time matters. I’ve searched here and haven’t found many if any people doing it and was just curious as to why… weight thing? Let’s hear your thoughts and if you do do it let’s see your setup.

SloppyJ

WKR
I just use a bino arca adapter and mount it to the tripod at matches. No need for a spotter IMO. I have some mil hashes in my binos so that works in a pinch.

OP
I

Ironoperator87

FNG
Classified Approved
PRS guys use a big plate or long rail and cowitness scope and binos. I don’t know anyone rhat also uses a bag as well.

I have one that I sometimes set up for shooting at the range. I have a small ball head that I clamp in for bino rangefinder.

Yes, I am a prs guy first (hardly) then a hunter and have seen the fancy tripod setups first hand. Looks like a good setup that a bag can placed on. Im trying to setup an Abel table for an upcoming hunt.

SloppyJ

WKR
Awesome,what about hunting?

I don't see where the juice is worth the squeeze. I can see it being more practical in a match situation. If your target is 600 to 700 and in, you have a stable spot to range from seated or resting against something, you'll be fine.

For long distance ranging I even have to move the right eye piece to my left eye so I can get a solid look due to vision in my right eye and I still wouldn't pack a tac table or anything extra in.

This is just my opinion but how often are you shooting when your spotter is out within a quick time frame?

OP
I

Ironoperator87

FNG
Classified Approved
I don't see where the juice is worth the squeeze. I can see it being more practical in a match situation. If your target is 600 to 700 and in, you have a stable spot to range from seated or resting against something, you'll be fine.

For long distance ranging I even have to move the right eye piece to my left eye so I can get a solid look due to vision in my right eye and I still wouldn't pack a tac table or anything extra in.

This is just my opinion but how often are you shooting when your spotter is out within a quick time frame?
When my Spotter is out…not very often. The lrf bino’s are a different story because that is my main means of glassing and ranging. If I am setting up a system to incorporate lrf bino’s and a platform to shoot off of, why not have the spotter there also?