Trijicon tenmile 5-25 vs 4-24

JMCarrol

FNG
Looking for a LR hunting scope and have been looking at the 4-24x50 and the 5-25x50. Does anyone have experience with both? I am leaning 5-25, but wanted to see if there was a reason the 4-24 might be better. I would do the 3-18 but I am not interested in the tree reticle.

huntnful

WKR
Looking for a LR hunting scope and have been looking at the 4-24x50 and the 5-25x50. Does anyone have experience with both? I am leaning 5-25, but wanted to see if there was a reason the 4-24 might be better. I would do the 3-18 but I am not interested in the tree reticle.
IMO there is no "LR hunting scope" that is SFP. FFP is the only answer for making correct wind holds at long range, under a variety of magnifications and stress. SFP will cost you an animal or a wound at some point when making legit wind holds at longer ranges.

sdupontjr

WKR
I have a tenmile 4-24x50 with red center dot coming in friday. Had a credo 4-16x50 and liked it other than the illumination. The whole reticle illuminated on the credo, only the center dot will illuminated on the 4-24x50 tenmile. Well see in a few days.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got both and consider them equal in terms of optical clarity… I prefer the 4x low end and can’t really discern the extra 1x on the top end

huntnful

WKR
Wapiti, what do you like better about the Trijicon over the NX8?
Not to speak for Wapiti, but I’ve had a decent amount of experience with both optics now. And can at least mention the comparisons from my POV

IMG_5395.jpeg

The NX8 does get the slightest edge in glass clarity after putting them side by side and going back and forth all magnification. Just to make that clear right out the gate. Not by a huge margin, but NX8 has better glass/image. Also has a less stiff Parralax dial.

IMO the Tenmile has a better FFP reticle for hunting. Better illumination system. More pronounced/crisp turret clicks. More forgiving eyebox (even though the NX8 isn’t terrible). Numbered Parralax for resetting to a clear image more easily as a baseline.

Diced

WKR
I've been using the tenmile 5-25 f1 this year on my 28 nosler. It's been fantastic so far. And the reticle is bold enough on 5x to make a close shot if needed.

I killed this WY buck at 70 yards this year in low light with no illumination.
1000001936.jpg

wapitibob

WKR
Wapiti, what do you like better about the Trijicon over the NX8?

Better eye box, the parallax seems better but not as good as the leupold Mark 4hd, glass is good but I can't compare side/side with the NX8 as I no longer have it, and the turret feels better (clicks are deeper and more solid). The eye box was just a pita and 99% of my time is on a bench where it shouldn't be an issue. Higher rings helped so some of it could be my lack of proper form. Best eye box and clarity has been the Mark 4hd.
The NXS was missing that last little bit, like I could never get it to completely focus. My eyesight is hosed so the eye piece is dialed out a ways which may have some effect.

Flyjunky

WKR
Better eye box, the parallax seems better but not as good as the leupold Mark 4hd, glass is good but I can't compare side/side with the NX8 as I no longer have it, and the turret feels better (clicks are deeper and more solid). The eye box was just a pita and 99% of my time is on a bench where it shouldn't be an issue. Higher rings helped so some of it could be my lack of proper form. Best eye box and clarity has been the Mark 4hd.
The NXS was missing that last little bit, like I could never get it to completely focus. My eyesight is hosed so the eye piece is dialed out a ways which may have some effect.
The eye box is my biggest complaint with the Nx8. I have it on an action with integrated split base and I just can’t get it far enough back.

Thanks for the info

Flyjunky

WKR
Not to speak for Wapiti, but I’ve had a decent amount of experience with both optics now. And can at least mention the comparisons from my POV

View attachment 778349

The NX8 does get the slightest edge in glass clarity after putting them side by side and going back and forth all magnification. Just to make that clear right out the gate. Not by a huge margin, but NX8 has better glass/image. Also has a less stiff Parralax dial.

IMO the Tenmile has a better FFP reticle for hunting. Better illumination system. More pronounced/crisp turret clicks. More forgiving eyebox (even though the NX8 isn’t terrible). Numbered Parralax for resetting to a clear image more easily as a baseline.
Thank you for the input!

What stock is that beneath the NX8?