Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x50 or SWFA SS 3-15x42

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
With the tenmile and credo, does the reticle tree still appear (in black) when you have the illumination turned off?
Cant speak to the Credo, but for the Tenmile SFP the answer is Yes. Its not weak/faint either...its bold. I bought a NX8 and an ATACR NF and knew the second I took them out of the box and looked through them, I was going to send them down the road. I had the opposite experience/impression with the Tenmile.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
With the tenmile and credo, does the reticle tree still appear (in black) when you have the illumination turned off? These scopes sound nice but I don't need or even want an illuminated reticle.
Yes for the FFP Tenmile as well. The reticle is always there in black without illumination, and either red or green depending on which illumination color you turn it to.

I have an SWFA and a trijicon, I’ve had the SWFA 3-15, 3-9 and 6x. They are all good scopes, they dial well, have usable reticles and are durable but the trijicon tenmile hx I recently got is better than all of them IMO. If the durability and rtz is there like the tests say it is then I’d take it any day. Better turrets, zero stop, illumination, clear glass and I really like the reticle. I’m really looking forward to using this one more and more.
I'd be interested in what you find with the trijicon. It's way up on my list but for the price I couldn't pass up the swfa

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Cant speak to the Credo, but for the Tenmile SFP the answer is Yes. Its not weak/faint either...its bold. I bought a NX8 and an ATACR NF and knew the second I took them out of the box and looked through them, I was going to send them down the road. I had the opposite experience/impression with the Tenmile.
Was your NX8 FFP or SFP?

ID_Matt

WKR
I'd echo what others have said. I have the 3-18x44 tenmile FFP and it is a fantastic optic. My buddy has the SWFA 3-15 and it is nice as well, but not quite as robust or fancy as the triji. SWFA has a more usable reticle on low power, but the trijicon is not bad. Turrets are better on the trij and it has zero stop plus illumination.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have an SWFA and a trijicon, I’ve had the SWFA 3-15, 3-9 and 6x. They are all good scopes, they dial well, have usable reticles and are durable but the trijicon tenmile hx I recently got is better than all of them IMO. If the durability and rtz is there like the tests say it is then I’d take it any day. Better turrets, zero stop, illumination, clear glass and I really like the reticle. I’m really looking forward to using this one more and more.
You like that tenmile reticle at lower power? I keep looking at it thinking it kind of sucks, but have never actually seen it through one of these scopes, just internet reticle photos. Good to hear it works better than it "looks" for sure.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You like that tenmile reticle at lower power? I keep looking at it thinking it kind of sucks, but have never actually seen it through one of these scopes, just internet reticle photos. Good to hear it works better than it "looks" for sure.
I dont know, I think its pretty good, it dosen't have some stupid christmas tree thing, just hash marks. Seems pretty basic to me which is what I like.

apohlo

FNG
With the tenmile and credo, does the reticle tree still appear (in black) when you have the illumination turned off? These scopes sound nice but I don't need or even want an illuminated reticle.

Just received my 2.5-15 Credo and the reticle is better than any I've used. Center dot small enough to not cover what I am aiming at, and large enough to be plenty visible in all light conditions, without being Luepy duplex thicc. Illumination variance is great too. At 22oz, it's hard to beat.