trijicon accupoint?

bnsafe

WKR
are the accupoints as bomb proof as others are saying the credo and ten mile are? i am thinking about a 3x9x40 for a lightweight rifle. hows the glass etc

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Hope so, waiting on my first to be delivered. Not every rifle needs 2 lbs of scope/mounts.

I have one on a light rifle and really enjoy it.
I'm not easy on anything I own for sure.
8 years in, no issues.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
I just put a 3-9 Accupoint on my .260 to replace my Leupold 2.5-8. No problem with the Leupold, but the tube on the Accupoint is just a bit longer, allowing me to use my one piece mount. And the fiber optics seem nice.

No experience with durability yet, obviously. But I’m curious about what others have to say in this thread.

Haven’t put a lot of miles on any of mine but they adjust correctly and seem to hold zero in general use. Eye relief and glass are pretty good. Haven’t found anything better in the price range for shooting hogs after dark.

CRJR45

WKR
I've had bad luck so far with my Accupoint . It has great glass and reticule , but the parallax hasn't worked right from out of the box .
The parallax only has from 50 to 70 to adjust . If I'm shooting 100 yards it has to be on 60 yards or it's out of focus . If I try to set the parallax at 100 yards , to shoot 100 yards , it's blurry . The same for 200 , the parallax has to be set at 70 . It's like shooting a scope without parallax .
I've sent it back and it came back the same way .
I bought a Credo HX first and the illumination didn't work , right out of the box , so I sent that in to be repaired .
Trijicon said they couldn't fix it and would replace it . I told them I didn't care for the reticle so they sent me the Accupoint .
So , I have sent a Credo back , NIB , received a Accupoint NIB , and have sent that back , got it back last week and it's still not repaired right and is going back again . I purchased the Credo new from Eurooptics on October 5 and have yet to have a scope that works correctly .

I am not a happy camper , to say the least .

PS , I bought a SHV and used it for the first time today and it worked flawlessly . IMG_2845.jpgIMG_2841.jpgIMG_2843.jpgIMG_2842.jpg

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks guys, Im leaning towards a svh. Im not gonna dial, ever, so thats not a issue. But I do want a scope I can rely on still hitting where I left it.
I was just hoping the accupoint was that scope as theres about a 8 ounce diff.

gbflyer

WKR
I have a 1-4 Accupoint. It’s excess to my needs but an excellent scope. They have a 30mm tube and are not especially lightweight. I like the idea of the SHV too.

Elite

WKR
I've had bad luck so far with my Accupoint . It has great glass and reticule , but the parallax hasn't worked right from out of the box .
The parallax only has from 50 to 70 to adjust . If I'm shooting 100 yards it has to be on 60 yards or it's out of focus . If I try to set the parallax at 100 yards , to shoot 100 yards , it's blurry . The same for 200 , the parallax has to be set at 70 . It's like shooting a scope without parallax .
I've sent it back and it came back the same way .
I bought a Credo HX first and the illumination didn't work , right out of the box , so I sent that in to be repaired .
Trijicon said they couldn't fix it and would replace it . I told them I didn't care for the reticle so they sent me the Accupoint .
So , I have sent a Credo back , NIB , received a Accupoint NIB , and have sent that back , got it back last week and it's still not repaired right and is going back again . I purchased the Credo new from Eurooptics on October 5 and have yet to have a scope that works correctly .

I am not a happy camper , to say the least .

PS , I bought a SHV and used it for the first time today and it worked flawlessly . View attachment 512528View attachment 512529View attachment 512530View attachment 512531

How do you like the SHV? Glass decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdupontjr

WKR
The credo is nothing more than an Accupoint that is battery powered, or basically a newer version of the Accupower. Same glass and features other than the illumination. At least thats what I was told straight from Trijicon when I bought the 2.5-10x56 Accupoint. Decided to get the Tritium Accupoint because I didn't think my son would remember to turn it off and kill the batteries. The Tritium has a shelf life which is 12 years in which the Tritium only gets half as bright. Which is still good enough for low light hunting and can also be replaced. Doesn't effect glass or mechanical, just illumination.

TxLite

WKR
The credo is nothing more than an Accupoint that is battery powered, or basically a newer version of the Accupower. Same glass and features other than the illumination.
The Accupoint is also a wire reticle vs etched in the Credo. Not sure if it makes a difference.

My 2.5-12.5 Accupoint has been a tough scope and I’ve been happy with it. I just got a tenmile and so far it’s been great, but the illumination is pretty dim, even at the highest setting. It took a tumble off my lap the other day when I was pulling off my stock and the barreled action landed on the thin carpet covered concrete floor of my reloading room - scope first. Shot it yesterday and there was no shift in zero.

Last edited:

CHMD

FNG
I have owned two. A 3-9x40 which saw a lot of use and a 2.5-10x56 which I used for about a year and then it sat in the safe. I never had a problem with either.

My good friend did have a 3-9x40 accupoint that stopped holding zero after owning it for a bunch of years. He wasn’t easy on it and it saw a lot of use. If I recall correctly, Trijicon did fix it for him.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
The Accupoint is also a wire reticle vs etched in the Credo. Not sure if it makes a difference.

My 2.5-12.5 Accupoint has been a tough scope and I’ve been happy with it. I just got a tenmile and so far it’s been great, but the illumination is pretty dim, even at the highest setting. It took a tumble off my lap the other day when I was pulling off my stock and the barreled action landed on the thin carpet covered concrete floor of my reloading room - scope first. Shot it yesterday and there was no shift in zero.
Are you sure it is not an etched reticle? I have the green mildot and thought all Ballistic reticles were etched. I like mine well enough, that I'm about to get a second. That green dot will spoil ya in the thick stuff and low light!

TxLite

WKR
Are you sure it is not an etched reticle? I have the green mildot and thought all Ballistic reticles were etched. I like mine well enough, that I'm about to get a second. That green dot will spoil ya in the thick stuff and low light!
Mine is the mil dot as well and trijicon told me it was wire. That’s how they run the fiber optic up for the center dot. I really like mine as well and have been debating getting another.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is the mil dot as well and trijicon told me it was wire. That’s how they run the fiber optic up for the center dot. I really like mine as well and have been debating getting another.
Thanks. I looked at their site and couldn't find the info. I assumed all Ballistic reticles were etched, but if that's what Trijicon said, it must be so. Really liking the scope, wished I'd tried one sooner.

Shraggs

WKR
I’ve had four since the late 90s I guess. Functionally they have absolutely performed. I kept buying more as had repetitive zero loss in all my leupolds. For a mbr scope, can’t think of anything that would best it.