Trijicon Accupoint Dialing?

Trying to out together a light weight bolt rifle in 6ARC (howa and stockys) and part of the equation is the scope

The Trijicon accupoint 3-9x40 is 13 oz but capped elevation. Keaton will make a an exposed turret for the scope. I know the creedo and ten mile scopes has passed the drill and drop test. Wondering if anyone has feedback on the accupoint model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a 1" tube so probably not. The 3-9 credo also has a 1" tube and didn't do great on the tracking portion if I remember correctly.

OP
T
It has a 1" tube so probably not. The 3-9 credo also has a 1" tube and didn't do great on the tracking portion if I remember correctly.

And the quest for a light weight scope that tracks and holds zero continues… not sure that search will ever end lol

TxLite

WKR
And the quest for a light weight scope that tracks and holds zero continues… not sure that search will ever end lol
What weight goal are you trying to hit? Seems the 19-20oz range can meet your criteria but not sure if it’s light enough for what you are trying to hit

OP
T
What weight goal are you trying to hit? Seems the 19-20oz range can meet your criteria but not sure if it’s light enough for what you are trying to hit

Yeah there’s a lot of good dial scopes in that weight. But that’s what lead my 6.5 tikka to 11.15lbs finished weight so I’m trying to hold strict to lightweight scopes

SWFA 2.5-10 lightweight BDC would work if they weren’t back ordered

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Yeah there’s a lot of good dial scopes in that weight. But that’s what lead my 6.5 tikka to 11.15lbs finished weight so I’m trying to hold strict to lightweight scopes

SWFA 2.5-10 lightweight BDC would work if they weren’t back ordered

There’s a lot that got added to make a rifle an 11lb setup. It is not hard to have a very shootable 8.5lb all up system.

Macintosh

WKR
The tested credo did not do well in tracking, but it was dialed fully to the extreme edge of the useable travel in the scope--it was talked about in that thread to try it at a more moderate amount of travel, something that a shooter might actually use out to 600 yards or so with a scope like that and would be unquestionably not bottoming out, but I am not aware that was ever tested. I dont recall the exact numbers, but believe the eval dialed like 23 or 24 moa for that test, and the scope only has about that much room, so it was definitely at or extremely close to being maxed-out...but on just about any centerfire it only takes half of that to get to 600 yards. Is anyone really going to choose that scope for a hunting rifle that'll be asked to shoot more than 600 yards? I personally use mine (and my wife's) as set it and forget it scopes, and tracking as part of zeroing has been predictable, but I havent dialed it over such a distance that I'd notice a couple % error. I know the eval thread talked about someone using one to dial at the s2h class recently, and apparently it dialed accurately for that. Although I dont think the turret is a good one if you are planning to dial, I dont think the eval error as tested should be taken as the final word given the above^^. I'd think the bigger problem with that scope would be the throw lever that is in the way of most bolt-handles and needs to get hacksawed off to run the bolt. For sure curious about the accupoint scopes, couple people have them here but I have never even seen one in any shop or in use and reluctant to drop the coin on it sight-unseen.

Last edited:

Marshfly

WKR
Form is right. My son's 6.5CM Tikka cut to 20" with a Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 is 8# even with the factory stock. You did all the wrong stuff if your Tikka is over 11 pounds.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'd think the bigger problem with that scope would be the throw lever that is in the way of most bolt-handles and needs to get hacksawed off to run the bolt. For sure curious about the accupoint scopes, couple people have them here but I have never even seen one in any shop or in use and reluctant to drop the coin on it sight-unseen.

I have the 2.5-10x with a little green triangle reticle.

The throw lever isn't in the way of the bolt on my gun.

I saw it at the booth at the great American outdoor show and mounted it to cull does at my neighbors house which is a long skinny property with all shots 150yards or less from one side to the other and directly in front of the stand.

The glass is great.

Mine has a 30mm tube.

Sounds like you know what the issues with dialing are. Plus its MOA on the dial.

I bought it before I took the Shoot 2 Hunt class. Now I consider this a set it and forget it scope so it may not ever go back on a rifle here. It's too much trouble to switch it out and re-zero when my primary goals (moose and bear this year) involve being able to dial.

Also, OP @TimberHunter, heed this: Kenton will not make a dialing turret for the Accupoint. They have a picture that is misleading in their marketing page for this scope but all they will make is another little bottle cap turret with the numbers where you want them. I already went down this rabbit hole. I don't think they actually know the product line given the number of emails it took to "get there" on what was being offered.

Macintosh

WKR
@Nine Banger I believe the throw lever issue is specific to the 3-9 credo. It may be possible to use as is on a 60-degree bolt throw gun, but its a no-go on a 90-degree bolt, unless you really like bloody knuckles. Its good to know other models dont suffer from that problem.

Macintosh

WKR
It looks like a different zoom ring on the trijicon website--their images below, accupoint 2.5-10x56 accupoint on Left, 3-9 credo on Right. There are also photos on the eval q&a thread showing it. I called trijicon before I cut the throw lever on mine off and understood the issue was specific to the 3-9 credo, but its entirely possible thats not correct. Frankly, I love the throw lever on my pump rifle, but for a bolt gun it is utterly stupid, I really cannot fathom how trijicon thought this was anything other than a terrible idea for a hunting scope.
ap vs credo image.JPG

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Yeah, that stinks. Thanks for sharing.

My 4-16 ATACR does something similar. When you put the factory flip up caps on the eyepiece the entire thing turns so when you get around 9X it jambs up.

I guess it works for someone out there but what were they thinking?

It's easier to just say "oh well" for these folks and send it out.

TxLite

WKR
Throw lever on the 2.5-12.5 accupoint. I haven’t had any issues with clearance on the Tikka. Might rack your knuckle if you grab your bolt handle like a gorilla.

IMG_7519.jpegIMG_7520.jpeg

Macintosh

WKR
That actually looks exactly like the throw lever on my credo 3-9. Its mandatory bloody knuckles on my wifes kimber, I had to cut it off.

TxLite

WKR
That actually looks exactly like the throw lever on my credo 3-9. Its mandatory bloody knuckles on my wifes kimber, I had to cut it off.
Probably because of the throw angle. I could see how it could be an issue for some rifles. Works on the Tikka though

OP
T
There’s a lot that got added to make a rifle an 11lb setup. It is not hard to have a very shootable 8.5lb all up system.

Bipod, 13oz supressor, Unknown rings, SWFA 3-15, kidex cheek riser

It does have a 24” barrel (tikka rough tech) but it’s just shoots so well I don’t want to risk it shooting poor after I cut the barrel down 4-6”. Not sure how much weight that would reduce?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Bipod, 13oz supressor, Unknown rings, SWFA 3-15, kidex cheek riser

It does have a 24” barrel (tikka rough tech) but it’s just shoots so well I don’t want to risk it shooting poor after I cut the barrel down 4-6”. Not sure how much weight that would reduce?

The Roughtech barrel, cheek riser and the bipod are what’s doing it. A T3 lite with your equipment without bipod, cheek riser, and the bipod is about 8.5lbs. Taking 6” off the barrel is about 4-6oz.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Roughtech barrel, cheek riser and the bipod are what’s doing it. A T3 lite with your equipment without bipod, cheek riser, and the bipod is about 8.5lbs. Taking 6” off the barrel is about 4-6oz.
I have a tikka superlite 6.5 creedmoor with an SWFA 3-9, I don’t think it’s even 8lbs.