Trijicon Accupoint Dialing?

Bowfinn

FNG
The tested credo did not do well in tracking, but it was dialed fully to the extreme edge of the useable travel in the scope--it was talked about in that thread to try it at a more moderate amount of travel, something that a shooter might actually use out to 600 yards or so with a scope like that and would be unquestionably not bottoming out, but I am not aware that was ever tested. I dont recall the exact numbers, but believe the eval dialed like 23 or 24 moa for that test, and the scope only has about that much room, so it was definitely at or extremely close to being maxed-out...but on just about any centerfire it only takes half of that to get to 600 yards. Is anyone really going to choose that scope for a hunting rifle that'll be asked to shoot more than 600 yards? I personally use mine (and my wife's) as set it and forget it scopes, and tracking as part of zeroing has been predictable, but I havent dialed it over such a distance that I'd notice a couple % error. I know the eval thread talked about someone using one to dial at the s2h class recently, and apparently it dialed accurately for that. Although I dont think the turret is a good one if you are planning to dial, I dont think the eval error as tested should be taken as the final word given the above^^. I'd think the bigger problem with that scope would be the throw lever that is in the way of most bolt-handles and needs to get hacksawed off to run the bolt. For sure curious about the accupoint scopes, couple people have them here but I have never even seen one in any shop or in use and reluctant to drop the coin on it sight-unseen.
This has been my experience as well. I checked my creedo a month ago and it dialed 4ish mills correctly on a tall target style test. I don’t have a problem with the throw lever with tikkas.

Bowfinn

FNG
Bipod, 13oz supressor, Unknown rings, SWFA 3-15, kidex cheek riser

It does have a 24” barrel (tikka rough tech) but it’s just shoots so well I don’t want to risk it shooting poor after I cut the barrel down 4-6”. Not sure how much weight that would reduce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cut off portion of my 6.5 roughtech barrel that was cut down to 18 inches weighs 9 oz my cheap kitchen scale. I wouldn’t cut it down for the weight but would for the length.