Trigger Stick Tripod with clamp - or somethign similar

270quest

WKR
Anyone out there using a Primos Tripod with gun clamp or similar setup? I am thinking about grabbing one for my 13 year daughter. Seems it would help her out in getting setup for a shot and have stability if she has to stand? Not crazy about the idea of toting a big tripod around, but if it helps her make a shot, maybe worth it.

atmat

WKR
Anyone out there using a Primos Tripod with gun clamp or similar setup? I am thinking about grabbing one for my 13 year daughter. Seems it would help her out in getting setup for a shot and have stability if she has to stand? Not crazy about the idea of toting a big tripod around, but if it helps her make a shot, maybe worth it.
I played with one for a while on a deer lease a couple years back.

It’s big, bulky, heavy, and I had issues with the trigger dropping the legs. I would avoid.

BLJ

WKR
Opposite here. I carry a tripod with the legs together and my dad carries a monopod.
I shot 2 deer from the tripod last year while standing. Would have been very difficult for me to hold the gun off hand until a shot was presented.
For walking were a quick rest may be needed, I really like mine.

Honyock

WKR
I've used a trigger stick for several years and have had no issues with it. Nice to use in a ground blind. I don't use a clamp just the shooting V. Depending on your daughter's height, you might want to get the smaller version.

Erict

WKR
I have used the tripod trigger sticks plenty. I often carry them around fully extended with the legs strapped together to use as a standing binocular support for long range glassing. Shot plenty of deer off them but usually have time to lower them for sitting or prone shooting. After a lot of use I have had issues with the legs but look online and it's an easy fix. I also fell one time and cracked the grip near the base and after taking the whole thing apart there is a weakness in the design so I beefed mine up with a few layers of fiberglass to avoid future problems. For normal, shoot off the supplied "V", I would recommend them. If you get one, do yourself a favor and add a paracord or other kind of sling for times you don't want to carry them in your hands. I have a base plate on my spotting scope so I also added a tether to the "V" so when using the spotting scope the "V" doesn't get lost.

That said, I am not sure how well they would work with a clamp like you see on dedicated tripods. A lighter rifle might work, but a heavier one would be questionable. I say this because I have used it with my spotting scope and you need to be careful to center the weight over the legs on uneven ground.

If I were you, I would not hesitate to try a pair as sold and decide later if you want/need a clamp. Good luck!

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bog death grip tripod that my niece just shot 2 deer with. They are really nice for young shooters if you have the room in your stand for it. You would have to be in a box blind or on the ground id think. But imo they are necessary for a young hunter. I joke that she is a better shot than her dad now. For my public land hunting I carry a primos monopod shooting stick. That works for me.