Tricer LP (panhead)

Ray.

FNG
Weird, no play in mine whatsoever. Maybe you got a lemon. I'd contact Tricer and see what they say. Curious why you bought one if you're already satisfied with the Outdoorsman.
I think the bino adapter from Outdoorsman is money but I was looking for an alternative for the micro pan head as it had a little too much play for me with my Maven 85mm. I've heard such great feedback about Tricer and it's ability to handle a big spotter even in such a small package so I wanted to give it a go.

I'll give them a call and see if I caught a lemon.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Seems like a solid review for both.

Though I am curious, do most people remove their panhead from their tripod when packing? I almost always leave mine attached. It seems that the ability to be stowed in a line would only work if removed from tripod.

atmat

WKR
Seems like a solid review for both.

Though I am curious, do most people remove their panhead from their tripod when packing? I almost always leave mine attached. It seems that the ability to be stowed in a line would only work if removed from tripod.
I leave my Wiser attached. I fold it down like he did in the video. Works great.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I leave my Wiser attached. I fold it down like he did in the video. Works great.

Sweet, when you get a chance can you post a photo? I assumed that the longer handle would contact the tripod legs or the baseplate. Clearing it is definitely a plus.

JPGreg

Lil-Rokslider
Fast forward to 26:00 on video above
Sweet, when you get a chance can you post a photo? I assumed that the longer handle would contact the tripod legs or the baseplate. Clearing it is definitely a plus

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Fast forward to 26:00 on video above

I saw that part and is why I asked...it assumes the tripod plate has the same small diameter. My slick mounting plate is 2", so it seems that I would have the same issue for both panheads? At that point the difference would be due to the thickness of the handles?

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Here is another review I found. Looks like it does hit on slik tripod in the likes / dislikes from 5 to 8 minutes in.

I think the bino adapter from Outdoorsman is money but I was looking for an alternative for the micro pan head as it had a little too much play for me with my Maven 85mm. I've heard such great feedback about Tricer and it's ability to handle a big spotter even in such a small package so I wanted to give it a go.

I'll give them a call and see if I caught a lemon.
Try tightening down the pan slightly. If the pan knob is completely loose, the elevation will have slack in it. Super annoying, but every head I’ve ever tried has this to some extent even my $400 RRS ball head

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the consensus on using this to shoot with? Is it adequate or at least similar to other pan heads like the VA5?

Rymar

FNG
I ordered one to compare with my Nighthawk. Curious to see which I prefer. Was extremely impressed with Nighthawk last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
I ordered one to compare with my Nighthawk. Curious to see which I prefer. Was extremely impressed with Nighthawk last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
have you had a chance to compare the tricer vs wiser. I’m on the fence

Hnthrdr

WKR
Looks pretty sweet. My smallrig was a huge disappointment so hoping this one fits the bill.
Also have a smallrig… it was a bargain deal, but it seems like it might not stand up to much abuse. Did your break in the field?

Also have a smallrig… it was a bargain deal, but it seems like it might not stand up to much abuse. Did your break in the field?
See above. Froze up solid during Montana hunt and still frozen after “Thawing” it out. It lasted about one evening hunt if I remember correctly. Might want to throw yours in the freezer and see how it does.