Tricer LP (panhead)

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the design but looks big and bulky for a pack. Hoping I’m wrong
21" long while collapsed, it appears it will be similar to my Trekking poles. Bulky? maybe somewhat- but at only 3 oz heavier than my slik 624 tripod, and what appears to be way more stable and adjust way taller if desired, I'll take the 3 oz penalty and a little bulk for the functionality of it. I have one on my buy list as soon as orders become available. Just bummed they won't be available to use during spring bear season.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I got ignored when I asked TricerUSA where the tripod was made. The head isn't USA made so I'll assume neither is the tripod

Tricer has been pretty open about where items are made, maybe because he is still prototyping that tripod.

I've reached out to Drew last week about it and was told that their original items (GTP-II, GTP-III, GTP-RS) and clothes are all made in US (says in product description). He said his goal was to keep all products US made but when prototyping the LP, the ones from China were a much better product at significantly less cost then the USA ones. So it seems that is where his newer products will be manufactured.

Tricer has been pretty open about where items are made, maybe because he is still prototyping that tripod.

I've reached out to Drew last week about it and was told that their original items (GTP-II, GTP-III, GTP-RS) and clothes are all made in US (says in product description). He said his goal was to keep all products US made but when prototyping the LP, the ones from China were a much better product at significantly less cost then the USA ones. So it seems that is where his newer products will be manufactured.
If they offered that inverted leg tripod with a fixed apex no center column I would buy one. It would be my seated tripod. Regardless of where it is made.

svivian

WKR
So this sucker didn't come with an arca plate...... any recommendations for a lightweight arca plate to compliment this?

Edit anyone tried these?

2nd edit: Talked to the owner here is what he recommended at 0.5oz(15 grams)

Last edited:
OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I just grabbed one of these

PGYTECH Arca-Type Quick Release Camera Plate Parts Replacement Switch Between Tripod, Monopod, Slider Arca Swiss Compatible https://a.co/d/2eCK2Id

He also had his own bino adapter system that is a one piece arca, but I bought the outdoorsman Arca Adapter and still use outdoorsman bino adapter for my NL 12x

svivian

WKR
I just grabbed one of these

PGYTECH Arca-Type Quick Release Camera Plate Parts Replacement Switch Between Tripod, Monopod, Slider Arca Swiss Compatible https://a.co/d/2eCK2Id

He also had his own bino adapter system that is a one piece arca, but I bought the outdoorsman Arca Adapter and still use outdoorsman bino adapter for my NL 12x
Thats the one he recommended. I'm using the Aziak bino clamp so I should be good to go with that! just needed one for the Spotter.

svivian

WKR
Well I’m very impressed… this so far has exceeded my expectations. Going to be using it this weekend for some coyote hunting.

D187AC21-F4FF-4C8A-A45A-0D6092F00554.jpeg1FA145B5-4D18-4215-8915-5C65EC0565C2.jpegA2B65FA1-5C0B-4DCF-ABC9-2F63DFFF8025.jpegE7B737A4-361A-46DC-99D2-7592E9FE25AE.jpegE63158CB-3C00-4A99-8DA4-FDA49B1BBDDB.jpeg8D860580-474E-4D47-A1CC-2027CD07B1EE.jpeg

Rob5589

WKR
I picked one up. Very smooth, crazy light. Weight on a Sirui 024SK is just under 2lbs.
PXL_20230318_222907519.MP.jpg

Also using their bino adapter, again a very nice piece.
PXL_20230318_223142135.jpg

Ray.

FNG
I'm glad everyone is having a positive experience with their Tricer LP and Bino Adapter, but I got mine in last night and so far I'm not impressed.

I have a pair of Maven B1 Binos and after installing the post and mounting it to the bino adapter, there is quite a bit of wiggle elevation-wise. I did not have that issue with the Outdoorsmans Bino adapter. I also don't like how I have to actually screw it in to lock it down every time I mount my binos to the adapter whereas the Outdoorsmans I can just push a button and I'm pretty much good to go.

And i'm not sure what it's called but that little metal catch piece that keeps the panner screw in came out immediately.

I'm going to toy with it a little more this weekend but so far I don't forsee myself keeping this piece.

Rob5589

WKR
I'm glad everyone is having a positive experience with their Tricer LP and Bino Adapter, but I got mine in last night and so far I'm not impressed.

I have a pair of Maven B1 Binos and after installing the post and mounting it to the bino adapter, there is quite a bit of wiggle elevation-wise. I did not have that issue with the Outdoorsmans Bino adapter. I also don't like how I have to actually screw it in to lock it down every time I mount my binos to the adapter whereas the Outdoorsmans I can just push a button and I'm pretty much good to go.

And i'm not sure what it's called but that little metal catch piece that keeps the panner screw in came out immediately.

I'm going to toy with it a little more this weekend but so far I don't forsee myself keeping this piece.
Weird, no play in mine whatsoever. Maybe you got a lemon. I'd contact Tricer and see what they say. Curious why you bought one if you're already satisfied with the Outdoorsman.

Haven’t field tested this setup (Feisol 3332/ Tricer LP) yet but super impressed with the weight. It’ll hold my btx 85 w/ 1.7 magnifier no problem. The key is to even out the weight with an extended arca Swiss plate. My head was a little loose feeling so I removed the handle wrapped the threads in Teflon tape and it cleaned up the sloppiness. I recommend everyone do the same if they feel like there’s not much of a sweet spot with heavier scopes. Regardless of where it was manufactured I think it is a great buy to lighten up your pack! Oh and I can stand with this setup as well.

Attachments

• D068DF99-675F-4D90-9623-A1D4568015E7.jpeg
    D068DF99-675F-4D90-9623-A1D4568015E7.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 33492B00-2E55-4E9D-B498-FA4290766104.jpeg
    33492B00-2E55-4E9D-B498-FA4290766104.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 58